Mutify — Automagically Mute Spotify Ads

Here's how it works:

1. Open Spotify and start playing music
  2. Hit the hotkey to start Mutify workflow
  3. When it finds a track that's less than 35 seconds long (because that's likely an ad), it sets Spotify's volume to 0 (it is only muting Spotify and nothing else).
  4. When the ad is over, it resets Spotify's volume back to what it was
  5. NOTE: When you pause or quit Spotify, Mutify will also quit. Start Mutify again with your hotkey after playing Spotify again.

You can download the Mutify workflow here: http://www.kevnk.com/public/alfred/Mutify.alfredworkflow

Feel free to leave feedback here or email me at hello@kevnk.com

Enjoy!

Edited by kevnk
  • 1 year later...
12 hours ago, louischristopher said:

Thanks for sharing such a useful tool. But before getting information from your introduction, I have already have used TuneFab Spotify Music Converter for helping me with the annoying problem of removing the Ads from my listening process. It works so far so good.

Seems useful, but maybe more time-consuming or complicated getting it all set up with proxies and waiting for conversions (as opposed to just streaming in the Spotify player). For example, Spotify offers a Daily Mix playlist or a Discover Weekly playlist that they generate for you. Those playlists will have some songs I like and some I don't. I don't want to waste time downloading songs I don't like AND not be able to easily give Spotify feedback on whether or not I like a particular artist or song. I'd much prefer to use Spotify's interface and mute the ads.

But I guess that's a personal preference and depends on your use-case (e.g. You can't use this workflow for mobile devices, but if you convert all the songs and upload them to your phone, you could.) It doesn't really feel like TuneFab would be legal... but again, a personal preference to cross that line or not...

Thanks for sharing your workflow! I appreciate your perspective.

• 3 years later...
On 2/6/2018 at 11:55 AM, louischristopher said:

Thanks for sharing such a useful tool. But before getting information from your introduction, I have already have used TuneFab Spotify Music Converter for helping me with the annoying problem of removing the Ads from my listening process. It works so far so good.

Thank you. This method is good. And I tried AMusicSoft Spotify Music Converter. It is good to use. And I am not bothered by the ads now.