ke7fze

Allow cursor placement in snippet expansion

I rely on being able to determine where in the expansion the cursor ends up after a shortcut is expanded. This is a feature which exists in other text-expanding software such as TextExpander and aText.

For example:

nX => Notex - {cursor} - {date:yyyy-MM-dd}

This is a file naming system that I use for text notes.

+1 for that

I used to use TextExpander for snippet expansion, and the one expansion I use the most is for git commit short messages, like:

git commit -m ""

Would love to have a way to place the cursor between the quotes after expansion ;)

+1

This is really the only thing stopping me from using Alfred's snippets 100% of the time. Now, though, I'm using a combination of Text Expander and Alfred.

Just like shadowmaru, I mostly need custom cursor position for git-related commands.  :)

I've always wanted to migrate from Dash to Alfred for snippets expansion but {cursor} is the only reason I haven't done that! This function would really help make snippets expansion powerful!

{cursor} placement is now in the Alfred 3.2 pre-release.

Note that this is done with simulated keypresses, so placing {cursor} at the beginning of a giant snippet can take a little while to reposition the cursor.