"Multiple Snippet" OR "Keyword case sensitive option"

I would like to suggest one of these two features:

1. Multiple Keywords for Snippets and Workflows

Just as the headline says: Multiple keywords for snippets and workflows would be a nice possibility to defeat our habits when it means to finding the right word to access the wished snippet or workflow.

I think we all already had the situation where we tried 3 or 4 keywords and then gived up to look how that damn keyword for the workflow was called. If we could add more keywords to snippets and workflows, it would make the bad times, less bad.

2. Option to turn on/off the case sensitive on Keywords

Please add an option to turn this damn case sensitive keyword detection off. Yes, it is more precise if I say you only have to toggle when I write it exactly like "tHiS". But sometimes it is just annoying that the keyword auto insertion don't toggles because you wrote on letter in the wrong case.

But talk about an option here, like a check-dialog-field in the snippet-editor. Not all keywords should are able to ignore case sensitive, the user should exactly set what he wonts to trigger on case sensitive and what, without.

Example:

If I would make a Internet-Signature-Snippet for fourms the signature for the Internet would be've the keyword-string "signet". Sounds good, but if the case sensitive option would be just a global one, instead for each keyword for itself. The problem would be that "Signet" is already a word in my language what I wouldn't like to trigger an event when starting with a capittal letter.

Edited by _Sascha_

You can create multiple keywords for workflows already.  Just add an additional keyword object and link it to the same outputs as the existing keyword.

Keywords in Alfred's window aren't case sensitive.  

But you're right, snippets only allow a single case-sensitive keyword as it stands now.

Re: conflicts with existing words, I'd recommend pursuing an approach that uses punctuation or double letters to avoid that possibility.  The approach I've been using for the last couple years is the dot notation described here: https://medium.com/@zholmquist/textexpander-abbreviations-b8e094526bfd#.ib6susgdv 

Thanks, I will edit my suggestion and strike the workflows out of it.

I thought about already about an dot-notation, too. But I know myself, if I do that, these words will become important for my brain and when I'm developing my fingers beginning to type down notation which would toggle something.

• 2 years later...
On 6/3/2016 at 12:00 PM, dfay said:

You can create multiple keywords for workflows already.  Just add an additional keyword object and link it to the same outputs as the existing keyword.

Keywords in Alfred's window aren't case sensitive.  

But you're right, snippets only allow a single case-sensitive keyword as it stands now.

Re: conflicts with existing words, I'd recommend pursuing an approach that uses punctuation or double letters to avoid that possibility.  The approach I've been using for the last couple years is the dot notation described here: https://medium.com/@zholmquist/textexpander-abbreviations-b8e094526bfd#.ib6susgdv 

Hm... I think this is the only reason why I will not be using Alfred. Will switch to another software. I need my keywords to be case sensitive. I want the text to be adequately capitalized if a word appears in the beginning or the middle of the sentence. 

• 1 year later...