Date format for snippets

I am trying to create a snippet that would produce the following:

date=June 2016

where the date is automatically generated. How do I finish this?

date={date:????}

Thanks.

Create a snipped with the keyword "date" and the snipped "{date:MMMM yyyy}" :)

To check what is possible go to this site: https://www.alfredapp.com/help/features/clipboard/dynamic-placeholders/

And here are the variations: http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr35/tr35-31/tr35-dates.html#Date_Format_Patterns

Hope that helps :)

IMHO documentation for snippets should be easier to find...

Alfred is created and maintained by only Andrew and I; It's been an exciting time since Alfred 3 was released, but relentless with no days off. Our plan is to carry on improving documentation, create more tutorials and guides, etc but we're currently mainly dealing with the huge influx of users who are new to Alfred or upgrading from Alfred 2 and have questions.

In the meantime, please do take a look at the documentation linked by Frozen_X :)

Let me know if there's anything in particular you think is missing, as I'm always looking to make our documentation better and more helpful!

Cheers,

Vero
  • 3 months later...

Dear All,

Just discovered Alfred 3 (longtime 2 user) - no idea why I didn't know about it?  The TextExpander replacement is a big deal and I love it :-)

Anyway, I try hard to figure things out for myself before asking for help and I've figured out all the dynamic date placeholder stuff from the forum posts - thank you all, but...

QUESTION: How do i change the date dynamic placeholders to a previous month.  I recall in Text Expander (already deleted!) that i did something like %m-1 to auto type the previous month.  Can I do this in Alfred 3 - something like {date:MM-1} - grateful for help.

Regards

Chris

• 1 year later...