OS X → macOS

vitor

Places where Alfred says OS X when instead it should (now) say macOS. Every addition will be made as a new comment (so followers of the topic are notified) and a modification to this top post. This also applies to comments made by other people. This top post should always contain all places where OS X still appears.

Website

Main page

6O8HH6C.png
LSjgY0M.png
TUlDT2r.png

Alright, that last one is still technically correct, I guess.

App itself (Preferences)

vJmVw3h.png
O6fk73s.png
azyo2x8.png
EQAVXyT.png
vjhEUok.png
↑ Also technically correct.
7V0e8hs.png

New OS isn't compatible with my machine.

I’m really surprised to read that. They usually keep compatibility for a long time. Now that I look at it (coincidentally I was just rewatching macOS’s part of the keynote) I see the most far back they support is “Late 2009”. And the iPhone 4S also won’t have iOS 10 support (I remember sometime ago you mentioning that was your phone).

All of Apple's current desktops are crap

Mac Pro user? Some well-known (in Apple tech circles) Mac Pro users (like Marco Arment) actually switched to the iMac 5K and are singing praises to it.

:) I have the same 2008 Mac Pro 2x2.8GHz as Siracusa

No way I'm buying a desktop with a built-in monitor. A monitor usually lasts twice as long.

I still have my 30" Cinema display (2006 vintage). And when that goes, I'd rather have a Dell/Asus I can plug a Playstation into, tbh.

Places where Alfred says OS X when instead it should (now) say macOS. Every addition will be made as a new comment (so followers of the topic are notified) and a modification to this top post. This also applies to comments made by other people. This top post should always contain all places where OS X still appears.

Hi Vitor,

We're fully aware of this and we'll be making the changes in the future; At this point, even Apple only refers to macOS on the beta page, and continues to use OS X everywhere else, so we'll be doing the same.

When the time comes, we'll do a global find and replace, which will probably catch even more references to it, but feel free to keep adding to help us identify all the spots where we'll need to change it. :)

I'm moving this to Noted for future reference.

Cheers,

Vero