Reminders

Mm that's not a bad way to handle notes actually. I'll create a ticket on github for that.

As for Firefox, it doesn't respond well to applescript, so unfortunately not.

Thanks. Too bad about Firefox, but just to (again) state how much I love this script, I am in the process of switching to Safari as my default browser. I hate the tab management, but the ability to quickly add reminders means a lot!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear James and everybody else,

Thanks so much for sharing this workflow, it's very helpful!

I read all the pages of this thread but I couldn't find an answer, hence my post. I cannot get r in 2 days at 5pm to do something to work. To be more specific, the in and at parameters don't seem to work together in the same sentence.

r at 5pm works fine (so it's not an issue with my Region Settings):

PastedGraphic-1.png

However,  in 2 days at 5pm returns this:

PastedGraphic-2.png

Could you please help me out?  :)

Dear James and everybody else,

Thanks so much for sharing this workflow, it's very helpful!

I read all the pages of this thread but I couldn't find an answer, hence my post. I cannot get r in 2 days at 5pm to do something to work. To be more specific, the in and at parameters don't seem to work together in the same sentence.

r at 5pm works fine (so it's not an issue with my Region Settings):

PastedGraphic-1.png

However,  in 2 days at 5pm returns this:

PastedGraphic-2.png

Could you please help me out?  :)

Hey t87

I found the same thing but I just started either doing hours or using decimals of days. Here's two examples:

http://d.pr/i/17SPx

http://d.pr/i/1i2Ow

Hey t87

I found the same thing but I just started either doing hours or using decimals of days. Here's two examples:

http://d.pr/i/17SPx

http://d.pr/i/1i2Ow

Hi!

That's clever but it's a litter counterintuitive to me given that I've to enter 50 - 100 to-dos everyday at work. Counting the number of hours or fraction relative to the current time isn't really something I'd like to do. The best solution would be if in and at worked together (unless I'm doing something wrong). :)

Please download the latest version, which has this new pattern

Many thanks, works perfectly now! :D

Two issues please:

1. Entering the time in 24h format has a bug. It always takes the current time. (Yes, 24h format is activated in my Language & Region settings).

2.  Is there a way to open the created to-do in the Reminders app by clicking on its notification which appears after it is created?

Many thanks, works perfectly now! :D

Two issues please:

1. Entering the time in 24h format has a bug. It always takes the current time. (Yes, 24h format is activated in my Language & Region settings).

2.  Is there a way to open the created to-do in the Reminders app by clicking on its notification which appears after it is created?

1. This is determined by the OS, I don't think just changing the time settings is enough unfortunately. I'm in the UK and 24h time format works fine with the extension. It's something to do with how Applescript interprets time strings, and writing my own interpreter as a workaround would be quite a big deal.

2. No, Alfred doesn't give this kind of possibility to extensions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Jack!, nice workflow :). Do you know if there is a fix to the "write-only" feature? i would love to list my reminders in alfred, right now using yosemite 10.10 and migrating soon to "El Capitan".

Not unless Apple fixes the bug unfortunately. Which may happen once El Capitan is released, but I wouldn't hold my breath

• 2 months later...

I have a problem with this workflow after updatering to El Capitan. Adding a task ('r something') freezez the Reminders App for some minute, after showing that it has added the reminder. Oddly, it also seems to make Reminders unstable after adding a single reminder, to the point where I need to reboot El Capitan in order to get Reminders working smoothly again (!). 

As I've written before, this script is a key in my everyday workflow - thank you Jack for all your work with it!