Reminders

if you want to combine date and time, use the pattern: 

r on 30-03-13 11:00 to Geld storten

Great, that worked for me! But there is one thing I would like to change.

When I wanted to add ''r on 02-04-13 07:30 to Toilet schoonmaken'' the time wasn't right. When I put am behind the time, it worked.

Is it possible to use 24hr time instead of the 12hr time?

Great, that worked for me! But there is one thing I would like to change.

When I wanted to add ''r on 02-04-13 07:30 to Toilet schoonmaken'' the time wasn't right. When I put am behind the time, it worked.

Is it possible to use 24hr time instead of the 12hr time?

I believe this is purely dependent on your system settings. When I (in the UK) type ''r on 02-04-13 07:30 to Toilet schoonmaken'' it adds the reminder at 7.30am. Check system preferences > Language & Text > Region > Times

Love this.  It's nearly perfect.  Any chance you could add location to the reminders syntax?

"r Take out trash when I get home"

"r Take out trash when I arrive [at] home"

"r Take out trash at home"

"r Take out trash arrive [at] home"

I did look into this but it seems it's not possible to access reminders' locations via applescript.

Seriously, I wish I could click the "Like This" button more than once. Gets better every other minute! No need for Reminders.app to stay or even start running is just brilliant, didn't even think that was feasible. Again, thank you!

You will notice it's still opening (in the background) whilst it's fetching or creating reminders, but it should revert to whatever state it was once it's done.

dear jack james,

as a passionate procrastinator, something like this would come in really handy for me :

r tomorrow 11:00 milk the goat

also, something like this:

r help

finally, i am noticing performance problems. sometimes, after entering "r tomorrow", i continue typing and alfred2 doesn't seem to recognize the command. is that a common problem?

dear jack james,

as a passionate procrastinator, something like this would come in really handy for me :

r tomorrow 11:00 milk the goat

also, something like this:

r help

I'll look into adding those.

finally, i am noticing performance problems. sometimes, after entering "r tomorrow", i continue typing and alfred2 doesn't seem to recognize the command. is that a common problem?

The reason for this is Alfred will periodically need to fetch the current reminders. If you're noticing that he doesn't seem to recognize the command, you might need to wait a bit for him to catch up.

You can actually change how often he checks in the workflow itself, by changing 

property cacheExpires : 2 * minutes

to whatever you want (it needs to be changed in the "Script Filter" step). I'll also look into the possibility of still correctly showing the "add reminder" prompt even whilst this check is happening.

Edited by Jack James

You will notice it's still opening (in the background) whilst it's fetching or creating reminders, but it should revert to whatever state it was once it's done.

So seamless I didn't even notice that! Now nobody can complain ;) - For my complaint/question which honestly is not a totally necessary feature so please do not take your time if it's difficult... it shouldn't really even be a reminder... Anyways, is it possible for web addresses to be parsed correctly? Can they be encapsulated in double quotes or parenthesis or something similar so they don't get picked apart?

Like I said, if it takes much effort it is not totally necessary, but scenario of usage, to give you a couple examples... remind myself to check on an auction ending or visit a website later when I'll have the time. Either way, really appreciate you making and expanding this workflow to do pretty much everything Reminders!

So seamless I didn't even notice that! Now nobody can complain ;) - For my complaint/question which honestly is not a totally necessary feature so please do not take your time if it's difficult... it shouldn't really even be a reminder... Anyways, is it possible for web addresses to be parsed correctly? Can they be encapsulated in double quotes or parenthesis or something similar so they don't get picked apart?

Like I said, if it takes much effort it is not totally necessary, but scenario of usage, to give you a couple examples... remind myself to check on an auction ending or visit a website later when I'll have the time. Either way, really appreciate you making and expanding this workflow to do pretty much everything Reminders!

Can you give me an example of what you're typing into Alfred that's not working?

This current url...

and it get's chopped up into... 

http www.alfredforum.com topic 917 reminders page 4 entry8958

I'm afraid I can't replicate this, for me it works properly:

13ylaa.png

EDIT: Found it. It's when you use the "in list" pattern.

Edited by Jack James