Reminders

Ahh! "r this" is awesome! Thank you for implementing it !!

If I had to make a request for another app to integrate with I would have to say browser wise, Chromium. Although I could probably change the Google Chrome to Chromium which I haven't tried yet...

Other app wise, Finder... write posix path or linking directly would be really cool.

Weird things, probably due to my own requests for new additions... :

When pressing "alt/option" to Show in Reminders.app it marks it as completed... I guess because Enter is to complete a reminder and alt is is to show so when you combine the two you get a reminder shown that's now marked as completed. Might be the default behavior and if it is, how can I just view it in reminders without marking as complete (of course besides going into reminders outside of the workflow!)

Oh yeah one last thing. For some reason when I enter a task with no due date and no list to go in just something simple like "r wow this is crazy" - the workflow is cutting off the y from crazy. Sometimes it does it, sometimes not... can't really pin it. 

Sorry for being a pain in the ass! Always appreciated and love the new features...

Stunning stuff this! Thank you. 

Reminders is however staying open for me after creating the reminder - I have just downloaded, so presume I have the latest version.

Is there any particular keyword you're using where this happens? It seems to be working ok for me. Alternatively it could just be the case the very first time you run the workflow.

Ahh! "r this" is awesome! Thank you for implementing it !!

If I had to make a request for another app to integrate with I would have to say browser wise, Chromium. Although I could probably change the Google Chrome to Chromium which I haven't tried yet...

Other app wise, Finder... write posix path or linking directly would be really cool.

Weird things, probably due to my own requests for new additions... :

When pressing "alt/option" to Show in Reminders.app it marks it as completed... I guess because Enter is to complete a reminder and alt is is to show so when you combine the two you get a reminder shown that's now marked as completed. Might be the default behavior and if it is, how can I just view it in reminders without marking as complete (of course besides going into reminders outside of the workflow!)

Oh yeah one last thing. For some reason when I enter a task with no due date and no list to go in just something simple like "r wow this is crazy" - the workflow is cutting off the y from crazy. Sometimes it does it, sometimes not... can't really pin it. 

Sorry for being a pain in the ass! Always appreciated and love the new features...

Added support for Chromium, fixed the "option marks the reminder as complete" bug. See the latest version.

In terms of the last letter getting cut off, I can't reproduce that. The only thing could be that you're a really fast typist… Whatever the cause, Alfred should catch up as long as you don't hit enter before the full query appears in the description.

Alright, I'll give alfred some time to think. If you can't reproduce it there isn't anything for you to solve so no worries and I appreciate you looking in to it. Will let you know if it still happens even after giving alfred time to catch up... not that fast of a typist though lol. Cheers!

holly crap! this workflow is getting really amazing!

One feature request: in the r all list, can you add an option to delete (not complete) the selected reminder?

I know I didn't ask but it sounds pretty sweet to me, plus it's not that hard to change the modifier. Even those not so savvy among us like myself can do that!

See the latest version.

Is there any particular keyword you're using where this happens? It seems to be working ok for me. Alternatively it could just be the case the very first time you run the workflow.

Sorry for the delay, but haven;t been able to get the forums to open for some reason. Anyway, this is happening whether I type "r do something" or r"in 5 minutes do something". The first one opens Reminder as soon as I start typing after the R, the second opens it after finishing. On both, Reminders doesn't close, and in fact cycles at 100% CPU until I close it. If I just open normally, it is fine.

@Jack James, a tiny bug I've seen since the beginning but never bugged me enough. When specifying the time for the reminder, you need to keep the minutes, hours, days string in plural, else the app wont get it right. For example, if I want a reminder in 1 hour, I need to type: r in 1 hours do something. Not a big deal, but counterintuitive. :)

Sorry for the delay, but haven;t been able to get the forums to open for some reason. Anyway, this is happening whether I type "r do something" or r"in 5 minutes do something". The first one opens Reminder as soon as I start typing after the R, the second opens it after finishing. On both, Reminders doesn't close, and in fact cycles at 100% CPU until I close it. If I just open normally, it is fine.

Hmm. It may be that the latest version fixed a related bug, try that first. Otherwise can you let me know your OS version.

@Jack James, a tiny bug I've seen since the beginning but never bugged me enough. When specifying the time for the reminder, you need to keep the minutes, hours, days string in plural, else the app wont get it right. For example, if I want a reminder in 1 hour, I need to type: r in 1 hours do something. Not a big deal, but counterintuitive. :)

Certainly can't have that!

See the latest version.

This workflow has unfortunately always been very buggy for me. Anytime I install it, it seems to only work about 1/10th of the time. For example, when I put in help, I do see the list of help commands, but when I put in anything else nothing shows up and "add reminder" is not clickable. Sometimes nothing shows up at all, just my default searches. All other workflows currently working fine...

http://cl.ly/image/0E3z03330D2y

http://cl.ly/image/363p1Z1H0d1c

http://cl.ly/image/2p0w2L0G242E

This workflow has unfortunately always been very buggy for me. Anytime I install it, it seems to only work about 1/10th of the time. For example, when I put in help, I do see the list of help commands, but when I put in anything else nothing shows up and "add reminder" is not clickable. Sometimes nothing shows up at all, just my default searches. All other workflows currently working fine...

Same here. Doesn't work for me :/

Same here. Doesn't work for me :/

The same here, I cannot click / select items. It seems *not* to be related to the "valid" property. I checked that but any other debugging I did not do so far. 

EDIT: Looks like this is now fixed, everyone grab the latest version.

Well clearly something is wrong :(

Sorry everyone who is having this issue. I can't make it happen on either of my systems, so I need to gather more data from people who are having this problem. So if that's you, can you download today's version, which has two extra keywords, "rshow" and "radd" (will show existing, or add new reminders respectively). Try it with both of those, and let me know if one or the other works.

I'll do my best to get a version out which can run some tests to see what exactly is breaking, I'll edit this post when it's ready (for those of you on the west coast, should be ready by breakfast ;) )

Everyone having issues please now download and install the latest version, try "radd something" and "rshow all" and see if either of those work. Let me know if they do.

Next run "rtest".

It will take a few seconds to run, you'll get a notification that it's complete, with the results on your clipboard.

Please post here with the results, or PM them to me. In the event that this doesn't flag anything up, I'll add a bunch more tests.

Test results:
OS version: 10.8.3
Current date: Tuesday, 9 April 2013 13:56:31
Initialize workflow path: /Users/jack/Dropbox/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.74D66E93-4C95-40CE-B93F-E89237A4CFAB
Initialize alfred-library: OK
Initialize wf-library: OK
Reminders.app state: Running
Fetch reminder count: 19
Fetch reminder info: OK
Fetch reminder list count: 1
Fetch reminder list info: OK
Run cache process: OK
Fetch cache timestamp: Tuesday, 9 April 2013 13:56:39
Fetch cached reminder count: 19
Test basic query: OK
Test today query: OK
Test tomorrow query: OK
Test in n minutes query: OK
Test in n hours query: OK
Test in n days query: OK
Test at time query: OK
Test in x list query: OK
Subtitle generation: OK
Test basic reminder filtering: OK
Test remind today reminder filtering: OK
Test due tomorrow reminder filtering: OK
Test reminder list filtering: OK
Current unix time: 1.365512199E+9
Test execution time: 8 seconds
Edited by Jack James
radd works! rshow works (if i enter a keyword)! r just sits there at "Processing request..." and never does anything. rtest results PMed to not clutter up thread. Thanks for checking into it.

Thanks for that. I've updated the workflow with one additional test, if you get a chance can you download and do it again?