Reminders

That debug message looks to me like a red herring, it's perfectly fine for "theDate" to not have a value in the workflow. The main thing, as pointed out in the first post, is that the commands for displaying reminders, such as "r all" are not available on 10.9+, due to a long-standing bug in the OS.

• 2 weeks later...

Problems using the "r on <date>" feature.

I'm always getting "Reminder command not recognized" no matter what date combo is used. I'm using Norwegian regional/language settings.

Thanks for this lovely workflow :)

Can you type "rtest" into alfred, and paste the results from your clipboard

Edited by Jack James
  • 1 month later...

Hi -

If I type fast "r this<RET>" in Chrome, I end up with a reminder without the URL and with "t", "th", "thi" etc.

I enclose the test results below.

Is there a fix for this?

Peter

Test results:
OS version: 10.9.5 (0 seconds)
Current date: Monday, October 13, 2014 at 9:51:48 AM (0 seconds)
Initialize workflow path: /Users/braam/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.8359877E-8DD2-4EAB-B3EE-5121E05A23DC (0 seconds)
Initialize alfred-library: OK (0 seconds)
Initialize update-library: OK (0 seconds)
Initialize wf-library: OK (0 seconds)
Initialize plist-library: OK (0 seconds)
Reminders.app state: Running (0 seconds)
Fetch reminder count: 93 (11 seconds)
Fetch reminder info: OK (6 seconds)
Fetch reminder list count: 3 (1 seconds)
Fetch reminder list info: OK (0 seconds)
Run cache process: timed out (121 seconds)
Fetch cache timestamp: Monday, October 13, 2014 at 9:54:07 AM (0 seconds)
Fetch cached reminder count: 2 (0 seconds)
Test basic query: OK (0 seconds)
Test today query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in n minutes query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in n hours query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in n days query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in n days y hours query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in n hours y minutes query: OK (0 seconds)
Test at time query: OK (0 seconds)
Test tomorrow at time query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in x list query: OK (0 seconds)
Subtitle generation: OK (0 seconds)
Test basic reminder filtering: OK (0 seconds)
Test remind today reminder filtering: OK (0 seconds)
Test due tomorrow reminder filtering: OK (0 seconds)
Test reminder list filtering: OK (0 seconds)
Test version-check response: OK (0 seconds)
Current unix time: 1.413215647E+9 (0 seconds)
Simple JSON: OK (0 seconds)
Test execution time: 139 seconds

Hi -

If I type fast "r this<RET>" in Chrome, I end up with a reminder without the URL and with "t", "th", "thi" etc.

My guess is that you're pressing enter before the workflow has caught up. If you type "r this" from Chrome, what does the status beneath the command in Alfred say, just before you press enter? 

Jack -

That's right, while typing the icon & text below the entry field changes from "create a new reminder to this" to one with a different icon mentioning chrome as the app.

However, isn't that a bug in Alfred's workflow: it should not act on the return key before the other characters have been fully processed?  It seems quite fixable also as this is likely completely under Alfred's control.

BTW, I don't type that fast, and my MB Air isn't that slow - others have perhaps seen this also.

Thanks.

Peter

ps: this all being said, your flow is very nice.  Is it easy to add priorities (rememberthemilk does that with !1, !2, !3 in their quick entry?

Jack -

That's right, while typing the icon & text below the entry field changes from "create a new reminder to this" to one with a different icon mentioning chrome as the app.

However, isn't that a bug in Alfred's workflow: it should not act on the return key before the other characters have been fully processed?  It seems quite fixable also as this is likely completely under Alfred's control.

BTW, I don't type that fast, and my MB Air isn't that slow - others have perhaps seen this also.

Thanks.

Peter

ps: this all being said, your flow is very nice.  Is it easy to add priorities (rememberthemilk does that with !1, !2, !3 in their quick entry?

Some good comments here. With regards to Alfred not acting before the command has finished processing, this may actually be an implementation thing- I'm sure I've seen other workflows where they're able to prevent the item being actioned before it's finished processing. I'll look into this (the processing delay is due to an OS bug that Apple has chosen not to fix for the past three years)

I've opened an issue on github for this:

https://github.com/surrealroad/alfred-reminders/issues/10

and also one for your suggestion regarding the priority:

https://github.com/surrealroad/alfred-reminders/issues/11

I just installed this workflow and am running into an issue. It looks like I'm missing the cache.plist file. rtest returns:

Test results:

OS version: 10.10 (0 seconds)
Current date: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 11:34:58 PM (0 seconds)
Initialize workflow path: /Users/david/Dropbox/backup/alfred sync/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.D9585086-A555-42F6-ACFE-E9FBB2F87F7F (0 seconds)
Initialize alfred-library: OK (0 seconds)
Initialize update-library: OK (0 seconds)
Initialize wf-library: OK (0 seconds)
Initialize plist-library: OK (0 seconds)
Reminders.app state: Not running (0 seconds)
Fetch reminder count: 27 (7 seconds)
Fetch reminder info: OK (2 seconds)
Fetch reminder list count: 7 (1 seconds)
Fetch reminder list info: OK (0 seconds)
Run cache process: ERROR: /Users/david/Dropbox/backup/alfred sync/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.D9585086-A555-42F6-ACFE-E9FBB2F87F7F/cache-reminders.scpt: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/david/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.surrealroad.alfred-reminder/cache.plist". (-1728) (0 seconds)
Fetch cache timestamp: ERROR: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/david/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.surrealroad.alfred-reminder/cache.plist". (0 seconds)
Fetch cached reminder count: 0 (1 seconds)
Test basic query: OK (0 seconds)
Test today query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in n minutes query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in n hours query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in n days query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in n days y hours query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in n hours y minutes query: OK (0 seconds)
Test at time query: OK (0 seconds)
Test tomorrow at time query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in x list query: OK (0 seconds)
Subtitle generation: OK (0 seconds)
Test basic reminder filtering: OK (0 seconds)
Test remind today reminder filtering: OK (0 seconds)
Test due tomorrow reminder filtering: OK (0 seconds)
Test reminder list filtering: OK (0 seconds)
Test version-check response: ERROR: The variable timestamp is not defined. (0 seconds)
Current unix time: 1.413948909E+9 (0 seconds)
Simple JSON: OK (0 seconds)
Test execution time: 11 seconds

Any ideas?

First: WONDERFUL addon, I am using it all the time. A huge thank you for creating and maintaing this!

Two feature requests:

1. Being able to add information to the comment section of a task, not just the title. For instance 'r Check into that // www.thatthing.com' should create a reminder 'Check into that' with notes section 'www.thatthing.com'. Handy when I want to add phone numbers to call etc.

2. Support for Firefox when adding a reminder.

Thanks

First: WONDERFUL addon, I am using it all the time. A huge thank you for creating and maintaing this!

Two feature requests:

1. Being able to add information to the comment section of a task, not just the title. For instance 'r Check into that // www.thatthing.com' should create a reminder 'Check into that' with notes section 'www.thatthing.com'. Handy when I want to add phone numbers to call etc.

2. Support for Firefox when adding a reminder.

Thanks

Mm that's not a bad way to handle notes actually. I'll create a ticket on github for that.

As for Firefox, it doesn't respond well to applescript, so unfortunately not.