• r in 5 minutes drop everything
  • r in 2 hours laugh out loud in random thoughts list
  • r in 3 days 1 hour pick stuff up off the floor
  • r in 1 days at 3pm to run amok
  • r on 31-12-99 23:22 to panic about the millennium bug
  • r at 2pm to wait for nothing in particular
  • r thursday at 15.30 to ask some difficult questions

Dates & times

The order of d/m/y (as well as HH:mm) I believe will depend on your region settings in the OS.

The workflow tries to be smart about times, but due to needing to support both 12 and 24-hour clocks, you will get more predictable results when using "at 11am" rather than "at 11:00"

• r in 5 minutes drop everything
  • r in 2 hours laugh out loud in random thoughts list
  • r in 3 days 1 hour pick stuff up off the floor
  • r in 1 days at 3pm to run amok
  • r on 31-12-99 23:22 to panic about the millennium bug
  • r at 2pm to wait for nothing in particular
  • r thursday at 15.30 to ask some difficult questions

Dates & times

The order of d/m/y (as well as HH:mm) I believe will depend on your region settings in the OS.

The workflow tries to be smart about times, but due to needing to support both 12 and 24-hour clocks, you will get more predictable results when using "at 11am" rather than "at 11:00"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkep34tgcor2gkp/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202016-01-12%20a%20las%204.01.24%20p.m..png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwq5ukcmpfurysc/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202016-01-12%20a%20las%204.02.06%20p.m..png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5roktnfj4k14by/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202016-01-12%20a%20las%204.02.20%20p.m..png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltiplyxwqoa8gim/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202016-01-12%20a%20las%204.02.44%20p.m..png?dl=0

If you look at the time, on all those commands, it always says 12.00 pm, no matter how I write it.

• 5 weeks later...

Amazing! This is one of my favorite workflows.

Would it be possible to add Evernote as a supported "this" application? In particular, say you're viewing a note, it would grab the local link to the note. This is done manually by right-clicking the note name and holding "option" to select "Copy Classic Note Link".

Amazing! This is one of my favorite workflows.

Would it be possible to add Evernote as a supported "this" application? In particular, say you're viewing a note, it would grab the local link to the note. This is done manually by right-clicking the note name and holding "option" to select "Copy Classic Note Link".

Sure I will look into it. I've logged this on the issue tracker if you want to track progress: https://github.com/surrealroad/alfred-reminders/issues/31

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Deepest apologies if this has been answered and I missed it.

I only just recently found this workflow but I love it! I've already been using a calendar worflow to quickly add events to my calendar and using this to set easy reminders for tasks or to keep me time blocking my work is a welcome addition to my workflows. I'm having trouble getting the syntax just right though for combining today or tomorrow with a specific time though.

suppose I wanted  to enter something like:

r tomorrow eat lunch at 12pm

How would I go about doing that?

I only just recently found this workflow but I love it! I've already been using a calendar worflow to quickly add events to my calendar and using this to set easy reminders for tasks or to keep me time blocking my work is a welcome addition to my workflows. I'm having trouble getting the syntax just right though for combining today or tomorrow with a specific time though.

Hey There

Yeah, I do that all the time. Here's the syntax I would use:

r in 1 day at 12pm to Eat Lunch

http://d.pr/i/5NiM

Edited by roccitman

Thank you, that's perfect!

I feel silly but since "r tomorrow eat lunch" works, I figured I could append a time into that syntax. 

I think I have much more to learn about this workflow before taking full advantage of it. I'm so excited to be a part of the Alfred community, you guys are all awesome!

No, I'm just normal time. But many of the things I want to remind myself of don't have a specific minute just later than now. For example, I need to send out a note to all of the parents of the soccer team tomorrow, doesn't really matter when. It's noon now and I want to do it tomorrow in the morning sometime, so

r in 20 hours email the parents again

(long explanation, but that's my workflow for reminders.)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I'm late to the party… Here's the closest way to do it:

"r tomorrow at 12pm to eat lunch"

Sorry I'm late to the party… Here's the closest way to do it:

"r tomorrow at 12pm to eat lunch"

Ah! Even better! I was mixing up the order of at / time / reminder as reminder/ at / time

Thanks! I've been using this workflow constantly and this will make it even better. Now if only the reminders app was a little more full-featured. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running the Alfred3 PowerPack and for some reason this plugin doesn't come up when I type 'r' and if I keep typing a reminder, it defaults to the web search options.

Anyone know how to get this cool looking plugin working?

I'm running the Alfred3 PowerPack and for some reason this plugin doesn't come up when I type 'r' and if I keep typing a reminder, it defaults to the web search options.

Anyone know how to get this cool looking plugin working?

I'm running Alfred 3 as well and haven't run into any issues. When you open the workflow and double click the "r script filter" does it look like this?

Maybe it changed the search filter settings in Alfred under the features tab, file search settings. I don't see why, as mine didn't do that.

Also try just uninstalling and reinstalling the workflow as well.

I'm running Alfred 3 as well and haven't run into any issues. When you open the workflow and double click the "r script filter" does it look like this?

Maybe it changed the search filter settings in Alfred under the features tab, file search settings. I don't see why, as mine didn't do that.

Also try just uninstalling and reinstalling the workflow as well.

Good suggestion. I looked at my pane and all of the settings are identical and as far as I can see the script matches as well. I wonder if some other setting I flipped in general might be blocking it? I tried changing the trigger letter to something else and still no joy.

Oddly, my github workflow works perfectly.

Edit: I removed the link between rtest and its action and now rtest shows up. Trying the same thing with r did nothing though.

I can't get /usr/bin/osascript to give me a version, but I'm running latest 10.11.5.

Edited by tizio

Good suggestion. I looked at my pane and all of the settings are identical and as far as I can see the script matches as well. I wonder if some other setting I flipped in general might be blocking it? I tried changing the trigger letter to something else and still no joy.

Oddly, my github workflow works perfectly.

Edit: I removed the link between rtest and its action and now rtest shows up. Trying the same thing with r did nothing though.

I can't get /usr/bin/osascript to give me a version, but I'm running latest 10.11.5.

Strange. Have you tried just reinstalling it? Unless you've made significant customizations to it, there's nothing to lose. Still not sure why that would change anything either though. 

I've definitley run into some issues with some of my favorite workflows being unusable since updating to Alfred3, but that isn't one of them.

Hello everyone. I've identified a bug in the code that meant that anyone who did not previously have Alfred v2 installed would not be able to use this workflow. I've now corrected the issue, and there's a new link to download the fix: http://bit.ly/1UlcR8F (notethere are no new features in this release). I am also unsure of whether workflows compiled in Alfred version 3 are fully backward-compatible with v2, so I have left the previous, v2 workflow linked at the bottom of the first post. Going forwards, I will assume that any new features will be for the v3 version only.

Edited by Jack James

Hello everyone. I've identified a bug in the code that meant that anyone who did not previously have Alfred v2 installed would not be able to use this workflow. I've now corrected the issue, and there's a new link to download the fix: http://bit.ly/1UlcR8F (notethere are no new features in this release). I am also unsure of whether workflows compiled in Alfred version 3 are fully backward-compatible with v2, so I have left the previous, v2 workflow linked at the bottom of the first post. Going forwards, I will assume that any new features will be for the v3 version only.

Thanks Jack! I haven't had any issues with the workflow with Alfred3 ( I know because I use it constantly) but I'll keep that in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Untill I switched to apple stack (iphone, mbp, etc) i used chrome in combination with google now (android). I was used to create reminders like this, by searching this on google (chrome) and the reminder box was poping up:

"remind me to buy gift tommorow at 10 am"

or

"remind me to buy gift at 8 pm"

or

"remind me to buy gift tonight"

My point is that it's more intuitive to write the reminder first, then the date/time.

I am trying to get used with your workflow, to write the date/time first, then the reminder, but i always forget and need to consult example commands ....

Anyway, very nice workflow, thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi Jack-

I can't seem to make this work. I'm rather new to Alfred. Running Alfred 3. Everytime I try to run this it says "Reminder command not recognized or no matching reminders found". When I try to add one, the notification pops up indicating it added a new reminder, but it doesn't show up in my reminders app. Not sure what's going on. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply here. I didn't realize you had responded. Anyway, the only example that works is actually adding a task. I can type 'r some text' and it will add 'some text' as a reminder. Nothing else works. I always get a "Reminder command not recognized or no matching reminders found".

radd, rshow don't work either. Not sure why. I did get rtest to run and here is the output:

Test results:
OS version: 10.11.6 (0 seconds)
Current date: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 16:54:48 (0 seconds)
Initialize workflow path: /my/scrubbed/path/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.78F5A48A-961B-4C9A-930C-2FE726A7D9C1 (0 seconds)
Initialize alfred-library: OK (0 seconds)
Initialize update-library: OK (0 seconds)
Initialize wf-library: OK (0 seconds)
Initialize plist-library: OK (0 seconds)
Reminders.app state: Running (0 seconds)
Fetch reminder count: 6 (8 seconds)
Fetch reminder info: OK (7 seconds)
Fetch reminder list count: 6 (0 seconds)
Fetch reminder list info: OK (0 seconds)
Run cache process: SKIPPED (0 seconds)
Fetch cache timestamp: SKIPPED (0 seconds)
Fetch cached reminder count: SKIPPED (0 seconds)
Test basic query: OK (0 seconds)
Test today query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in n minutes query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in n hours query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in n days query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in n days y hours query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in n hours y minutes query: OK (0 seconds)
Test at time query: OK (0 seconds)
Test tomorrow at time query: OK (0 seconds)
Test in x list query: OK (0 seconds)
Subtitle generation: OK (0 seconds)
Test basic reminder filtering: OK (0 seconds)
Test remind today reminder filtering: OK (0 seconds)
Test due tomorrow reminder filtering: OK (0 seconds)
Test reminder list filtering: OK (0 seconds)
Test version-check response: OK (0 seconds)
Current unix time: 1.472680503E+9 (0 seconds)
Simple JSON: OK (0 seconds)
Test execution time: 15 seconds