Reminders

Hi,

my best compliments for this extension, it is great!

Let me add one more suggestion, what about creating a reminder from an email? I mean something like 

r on 12/12/13 12:00 from Mail

it would read the currently selected email and create a reminder linked to it.

While searching for such feature, I stepped into this page with some useful snippet

Thanks

Gaetano

Hi,

Let me add one more suggestion, what about creating a reminder from an email? I mean something like 

While searching for such feature, I stepped into this page with some useful snippet

Thanks

Gaetano

Interesting idea, I'll look into it.

Hi,

Thanks

Gaetano

I started out trying to do something along the lines of "r from mail" but then I realised something didn't quite click with it. Maybe it was laziness on my part, but the thought of telling Alfred which application to pull information from seemed like a bit of a bore. So instead, I give you the "r this" keyword. Pop open Alfred, type those 6 characters, and he'll just fish information out of whatever application you're using and turn it into a reminder, and you can use all of the other keywords too!

The downside to this is I need to code each application seperately, so right now, it only works with Chrome, Safari and Mail (but he'll tell you if it's an application he's not familiar with) in the latest version. So I put it to you, the loyal usership, to let me know which applications I should add support for.

Yeah, tested it with Chrome and Mail.Really nice! 

Vienna (RSS Reader) doesn´t work.

I would love such a workflow for Wunderlist!

Domenic

edit: Yes, just wanted to edit my post that I´ve seen Wunderlist is not scriptable.Thank you for the fast answer! I seriously consider to change to Reminders...This workflow is gold :)

Edited by Domenic

Yeah, tested it with Chrome and Mail.Really nice! 

Vienna (RSS Reader) doesn´t work.

I would love such a workflow for Wunderlist!

Domenic

I'll look into adding support for vienna, thanks for letting me know.

I don't use Wunderlist, so it's unlikely you'll get that from me, although I might take a look and see if it Wunderlist is similar to reminders under the hood, which would make porting the code be of little effort.

Edit: Wunderlist is not scriptable, so that's a definite no, I'm afraid.

Edited by Jack James

So I put it to you, the loyal usership, to let me know which applications I should add support for.

This is my favorite - and most used - workflow. And just looking at my list of reminders I see that most are to remind me to do something with someone - someone who is most likely in my Contacts. So an "r this" that pulls from the OSX Contacts app would suit me. Maybe others too?

Edited by thinkfilm

It seems to be a very fantastic workflow. But for whatever reason it didn't work for me.  :(

i.e. tried "r in 3 days pick stuff"

Bildschirmfoto%202013-04-06%20um%2010.08

But when I confirm the reminder nothing happened. No reminder was set.

Is it because of my system and so the reminder app is in german?

The only command that is working is "r this".

Thanks in advance for your help.

This is my favorite - and most used - workflow. And just looking at my list of reminders I see that most are to remind me to do something with someone - someone who is most likely in my Contacts. So an "r this" that pulls from the OSX Contacts app would suit me. Maybe others too?

Funnily enough, that's the app I was thinking of too. I'll let you know.

I started out trying to do something along the lines of "r from mail" but then I realised something didn't quite click with it. Maybe it was laziness on my part, but the thought of telling Alfred which application to pull information from seemed like a bit of a bore. So instead, I give you the "r this" keyword. Pop open Alfred, type those 6 characters, and he'll just fish information out of whatever application you're using and turn it into a reminder, and you can use all of the other keywords too!

The downside to this is I need to code each application seperately, so right now, it only works with Chrome, Safari and Mail (but he'll tell you if it's an application he's not familiar with) in the latest version. So I put it to you, the loyal usership, to let me know which applications I should add support for.

Hi Jack,

I surrender in front of risk of boredom!  :)

This solution is great, I am just downloading the latest release and I will surely work as "loyal usership"

Gaetano

It seems to be a very fantastic workflow. But for whatever reason it didn't work for me.  :(

i.e. tried "r in 3 days pick stuff"

Bildschirmfoto%202013-04-06%20um%2010.08

But when I confirm the reminder nothing happened. No reminder was set.

Is it because of my system and so the reminder app is in german?

The only command that is working is "r this".

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry! That's my fault. I accidentally disabled all the other keywords in that release. Please download the updated version.

(This is what happens when I write code late at night :/)

See the latest version.

Is there a reason why you don't use Aleyoop for easy updating?

From the top of the Alleyoop post:

Note from Andrew: While this is a convenient method for updating workflows, I cannot endorse the use of it unless you are fully aware of the security implications of blanket updating all of your workflows. I'm currently working on a built in workflow auto-updater, for a future Alfred 2 release, that performs the standard verification checks that Alfred currently does on manual import, along with migrating your hotkey/keyword settings on upgrading. I'll also be adding 3rd party workflow developer signatures to keep you safe.

I believe my own implementation of auto-update works fine. It checks once every 4 days (configurable) and just prompts as an action. If you action the the update, it merely downloads the new extension, you can then decide to install it (or not), and it will go through Alfred's standard update process. You can also disable the update checking functionality altogether, and just update manually when you like.