Reminders

Hello

How do I make it work on a french system? For the moment it does not understand  r tomorrow  or r at 9. As soon as I type the w of tomorrow "Add reminder" disappear for search google. I suppose I must use a mixture of english and french

Well you have to type "r tomorrow something" for it to work. Try "r help" for some examples of what to type.

For me it works, so it's not an issue with the parser.

Two things spring to mind:

1. Does this occur if you just use the "radd" keyword instead of "r"?
  2. Is reminders open or closed when you attempt to add the keywords.

It's been happening with radd as well.

Awesome work nonetheless. No real biggie just wanted to see if it was just me or not.

• 4 weeks later...

It doesn't seem to work for me. For example if I put the command rtest nothing happens. rshow sends me to a google search.

If I for exemple try  r in 5 minutes drop everything after I enter it nothing a happens, and five minutes later nothing happens either.

Thankss

It doesn't seem to work for me. For example if I put the command rtest nothing happens. rshow sends me to a google search.

If I for exemple try  r in 5 minutes drop everything after I enter it nothing a happens, and five minutes later nothing happens either.

Thankss

Sounds like the workflow isn't installed/activated. When you type rtest, do you see the "Test Reminders Workflow" action in the list?

The workflow is installed. When I type rtest I do see the "Test Reminders Workflow" action in the list.

Well that's a good sign. Actioning the test reminders workflow option should copy some text to the clipboard after a few seconds (it should also notify you when it's done that.) Can you pm me with whatever comes out?

I didn't find the PM option (maybe because I'm new to the forum). So I'll just put what I got from the clipboard here:

Test results:

And I did not get any notification.

Well I'm sorry I have no idea what's wrong, it looks like your system refuses to execute applescript. Do your other installed workflows work correctly?

First off, thanks for the super great workflow, it's already proved itself useful :-)

I quickly scanned this thread, but didn't see this question before so apologies if it's a dupe.

For me the syntax 'r <date> at <time> <reminder_text>' isn't working.  Not even the 'r at 2pm blah' example works.

Happy to PM my 'rtest' output if you'd like.

Thanks!

First off, thanks for the super great workflow, it's already proved itself useful :-)

I quickly scanned this thread, but didn't see this question before so apologies if it's a dupe.

For me the syntax 'r <date> at <time> <reminder_text>' isn't working.  Not even the 'r at 2pm blah' example works.

Happy to PM my 'rtest' output if you'd like.

Thanks!

You appear to be missing an important keyword:

'r <day> at <time> to <reminder_text>'

also, note that if you want to do date + time, it needs to be in the form

'r <date> <time> to <reminder_text>

Edited by Jack James

So, to get the reminder to go to a specific list, you enter that list's name here, property reminderList : "", between the quotes? I cannot get it to work. I always posts to the top list…

I think there's a few places you'll need to set it (each of the "Run Script" actions, and you must match the name of the list exactly (case sensitive I think).

I can't test it myself as I'm away, but the other thing to try first is using the list in the command rather than changing the default, as in:

• r in 2 hours laugh out loud in random thoughts list
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, this workflow is quite phenomenal. Adding is a breeze. However, when I use this to see existing reminders, I don't see anything, just fallback search options. So "rshow today" , "rshow tomorrow", "rshow in XX list" all end up as Search Google for... options . 

Also, rshow <existing reminder name> does not show anything. I've tried the same with r as well, but "r today" etc have the same problem. 

I ran rtest - I didn't see any specific issues in the output. 

Being able to search for an existing reminders would be great as spotlight search for reminders has a bug - it offers to create a new reminder instead of pulling up an existing reminder. So cannot use that at all. 

thx

Well, I think the problem is that I've 289 reminders, but only 30 in the cache (based on the test report). All these 30 are over due items. So r today etc return an empty list. I guess I need a way to refresh the list so that this workflow searches through all the 289 reminders. I've tried r refresh, but that didn't help. thx. 

Well, I think the problem is that I've 289 reminders, but only 30 in the cache (based on the test report). All these 30 are over due items. So r today etc return an empty list. I guess I need a way to refresh the list so that this workflow searches through all the 289 reminders. I've tried r refresh, but that didn't help. thx. 

Sounds like you are running up against the limit of 10 seconds for caching the reminders list (although I would expect there to be a lot more than 30). What's the test execution time?

Hi Jack,

This workflow is amazing! 

Would you be able to include nvALT support? I tried to do it myself but the AppleScript is too complex for me.

I've had a quick look at nvalt, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get the current note via applescript…