Snippets: ignored applications for autoexpand and toggle autoexpand api

So there's an autoexpand snippets toggle check box that I find myself opening the settings gui to toggle far too often. I use a number of snippets but it isn't the best to have the autoexpand feature on when coding for example. Two possible solutions: add blacklist of applications the text expansion service should ignore or make api so the this setting can be toggled from a workflow. I would have already made a workflow actually but I'm not sure where Alfred stores this setting. 

So there's an autoexpand snippets toggle check box that I find myself opening the settings gui to toggle far too often. I use a number of snippets but it isn't the best to have the autoexpand feature on when coding for example. Two possible solutions: add blacklist of applications the text expansion service should ignore or make api so the this setting can be toggled from a workflow. I would have already made a workflow actually but I'm not sure where Alfred stores this setting. 

Hi there,

Launch Alfred's preferences to Features > Snippets and click the cog in the top right. There, you can drag in any apps you'd like text expansion to be disabled in :) This should solve your issue with snippets expanding in apps where you don't want them to.

The alternative approach is to set snippet keywords that are unique enough that they won't auto-expand accidentally. I've included a few tips for better text expansion here that might help:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/features/snippets/#tips-expansion

Cheers,

Vero

• 11 months later...

Almost a full year later, I'm also backing amoose136's idea; providing api for toggling auto expansion.

I want my snippet `...`(three dots) to be expanded as `…`(0x2026) when I type in, but only not when I'm dealing with regex. So I want the auto expansion off for the time being, and that means I have to make myself all the way down to alfred preferences > feature > snippet tabs and check the box, and do the exactly same when I finished the work.

In my case, there are not many times I have to toggle the feature on and off, but I find it somewhat opposed to Alfred's basic idea; getting jobs done quickly and automatically. I did try to figure this out with applescript but I couldn't, unfortunately.

So, that's it. I'm asking Mother and Father of Alfred to rethink about providing api for text expansion toggle. Thanks.