Several workflows turn into a Google search?

kleerkoat

This generally means there's a bug or some other issue that's stopping the workflow from being able to run, so it falls back on a default search.   Which means you should probably search for the workflow pages in the forum or contact the authors.

Edited by dfay

this is the expected behavior -- as soon as you type a keyword that matches an existing script filter workflow (like the audio output one you mention, which incidentally is working fine for me with Alfred 3), the script executes -- the problem is that the script(s) fail for some reason.  Alfred is working as expected, but the workflow is crashing, so Alfred is reverting to default output.

another thing that can happen is that some script filter-based workflows can take a couple of seconds to execute, so you'll get the default search and then the correct results will eventually appear.

If you open the debugger - https://www.alfredapp.com/help/workflows/advanced/debugger/then run one of the workflows that is turning over to google search, you'll probably see some error messages.

Edited by dfay

Thanks for the replies and your patience. I reinstalled Audio Switch and it is working correctly.

Here is another one with the same behavior, I tried resinstalling which didn't help. sorry for the size, haven't figured out how to scale in LiceCap. ;-)

also sorry for beating a dead horse.

dex.gif