ajoyce

Date expansion

Is it possible to make a snippet that would have a date format such as: %Y-%m-%d in the snippet. For example, I'd like to make a snippet that would have embedded in the paragraph that expands, a date that would be today's date or maybe a date that would be 10 days from now. 

I tried to put '%Y-%m-%d' into the expanded sentence after the keyword is pressed but all that happened was %Y-%m-%d showed up in the middle of the sentence.

So, is it possible to do this or perhaps not. It's not a "do or die" thing with me. Alfred is really looking great and to do this would really bring a smile to my face.

Thanks for any help.

Is it possible to make a snippet that would have a date format such as: %Y-%m-%d in the snippet. For example, I'd like to make a snippet that would have embedded in the paragraph that expands, a date that would be today's date or maybe a date that would be 10 days from now. 

Yes, you can format dates according to the standards highlighted here:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/features/clipboard/dynamic-placeholders/

For example, I have a keyword of "ddate", with the content "{date:dd/MM/yy}" which expands to "20/07/16" for a date in UK format.

It's not possible to make date calculations (e.g. 10 days ago, or 10 days in the future) but we've made a note and will keep an eye on interest levels for such things for the future :)

Cheers,

Vero

Seems letters' pattern, eg. capitalisation matters in such case

Yes, you can format dates according to the standards highlighted here:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/features/clipboard/dynamic-placeholders/

For example, I have a keyword of "ddate", with the content "{date:dd/MM/yy}" which expands to "20/07/16" for a date in UK format.

It's not possible to make date calculations (e.g. 10 days ago, or 10 days in the future) but we've made a note and will keep an eye on interest levels for such things for the future :)

Cheers,

Vero