Alfred 3 - File Action "Move to" fails

sushinger

Hi,

since upgrading to 10.11.6 (from 10.10) I cannot move applications from anywhere (Downloads, DMGs etc.) to the Applications folder by using the Alfred-File-Action "Move to".

The Mac-User that I always work with has no admin-privileges, so when I performed "Move to" in the past, I have always been prompted to enter the admin-credentials of my Mac. This has been working nicely.

I try to upload a screen-recording to show you what is currently happening. Hope someone can help me to re-enable the workaround, because this is how I install new applications or updates to my Mac ;)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/700386/alfred-move-to-fail.mp4

Kind regards,
Sascha

Hi,

since upgrading to 10.11.6 (from 10.10) I cannot move applications from anywhere (Downloads, DMGs etc.) to the Applications folder by using the Alfred-File-Action "Move to".

Could you please pop up Console and let us know what error message you see there exactly when this happens?

Cheers,

Vero

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Vero,

I was able to make a 10 seconds screenrecording where the issue is more easy visualized:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmw1UhqaNLQ

I hope this message finds you well :)

Kind regards,
Sascha

original

Hi Vero,

thank you for your feedback and sorry for late reply. I didn't get any mail-notification about your reply.

When I tried to reproduce the move-file-action, nothing got recorded in Console.

I restartet Alfred and voila: move-file-action is working again as expected and actions get recorded in Console!

Next time the "bug" appears again, I will check in right time in Console.

Cheers,

Sascha

Edited by sushinger
update info