Alfred PDF Tools – Optimize, encrypt and manipulate PDF files

6 hours ago, evanfuchs said:

Merge Error: "Cannot merge a malformed PDF file"

I am suddenly getting this error when I attempt to merge PDF files. (v2.16)

Any ideas?

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the issue without the offending PDF files. If you still want me to take a look into it you can send me the files via PM.

Edited by xilopaint
  • 5 months later...
15 minutes ago, daerias said:

could you update this workflow for the newest Alfred 4 please? It doesn't show up  PDF Tools in Alfred if I type "Optimize" etc. Thanks :)

The workflow works fine with Alfred 4. If you're having a problem, please follow the instructions on providing a useful report:

• 1 month later...

This is a great workflow! Thank you very much for development and support.

I have not yet been able to take full advantage of its features due security limitations in macOS. For example, the system won't let you run the "k2pdfopt" script because it is "from an unknown developer". Ughhh...

How can I solve this problem?

Monosnap 2020-04-14 09-05-58.png

On 4/14/2020 at 8:38 AM, borzov said:

This is a great workflow! Thank you very much for development and support.

I have not yet been able to take full advantage of its features due security limitations in macOS. For example, the system won't let you run the "k2pdfopt" script because it is "from an unknown developer". Ughhh...

How can I solve this problem?

Monosnap 2020-04-14 09-05-58.png

After trying to run the script, go into system settings – integrity (or something like that). There should be a box offering you to run the script anyway. Press that and then try to run the script again. I had to fiddle around a bit with this with some workflows before I got it to work.

9 hours ago, bivalvegruff said:

After trying to run the script, go into system settings – integrity (or something like that). There should be a box offering you to run the script anyway. Press that and then try to run the script again. I had to fiddle around a bit with this with some workflows before I got it to work.

That's great advice, thank you. I did it!

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Hope all is well. I have been trying to merge PDFs with the merge command on my M1 MBP running the latest best of OS Monterey but keep have the following error. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you.

--------------------

[01:19:43.338] Alfred PDF Tools[Keyword] Processing complete
[01:19:43.341] Alfred PDF Tools[Keyword] Passing output 'test' to Run Script
[01:19:43.547] ERROR: Alfred PDF Tools[Run Script] .
01:19:43 workflow.py:2055 DEBUG    ---------- Alfred PDF Tools (2.16.0) ----------
01:19:43 workflow.py:1462 DEBUG    reading settings from /Users/r/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Workflow Data/com.xilopaint.alfredapp.pdftools/settings.json
01:19:43 workflow.py:2339 DEBUG    update check not due
01:19:43 workflow.py:2074 ERROR    'abs_path'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/r/OneDrive/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.5F1A3B2C-C394-4B63-9DF9-6AE0DF8B5CE4/workflow/workflow.py", line 2067, in run
    func(self)
  File "alfred_pdf_tools.py", line 780, in main
    abs_path = os.environ['abs_path']
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/UserDict.py", line 40, in __getitem__
    raise KeyError(key)
KeyError: 'abs_path'
01:19:43 workflow.py:2097 DEBUG    ---------- finished in 0.020s ----------

Edited by RCL