Alfred PDF Tools – Optimize, encrypt and manipulate PDF files

10 hours ago, xilopaint said:

This has been implemented in the latest version of the workflow.

Thanks. This would be great. I will test it. For some reason, the download from Github is very slow. Also would like to request for auto updater to be included in workflow

6 minutes ago, pankajsz said:

Thanks. This would be great. I will test it. For some reason, the download from Github is very slow. Also would like to request for auto updater to be included in workflow

xilopaint, tested the new release on macos 12.4 and Alfred 5.0.1 [2067]. I am getting the following error message. Pls check and advise

16:08:37.233] Alfred PDF Tools[File Action] Passing output '(

"/Users/xyz/Downloads/File1.pdf",

"/Users/xyz/Downloads/File2.pdf"

)' to Arg and Vars

[16:08:37.234] Alfred PDF Tools[Arg and Vars] Processing complete

[16:08:37.236] Alfred PDF Tools[Arg and Vars] Passing output '' to Keyword

[16:08:39.841] Alfred PDF Tools[Keyword] Processing complete

[16:08:39.846] Alfred PDF Tools[Keyword] Passing output 'File3' to Run Script

[16:08:39.891] ERROR: Alfred PDF Tools[Run Script] Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/xyz/Downloads/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.C1A40A08-CC24-4914-BDB8-B6921D00AB5E/alfred_pdf_tools.py", line 48, in <module>

from PyPDF2 import PdfReader, PdfWriter, PdfMerger, PageRange, PageObject, errors

File "/Users/xyz/Downloads/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.C1A40A08-CC24-4914-BDB8-B6921D00AB5E/PyPDF2/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>

from ._encryption import PasswordType

File "/Users/xyz/Downloads/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.C1A40A08-CC24-4914-BDB8-B6921D00AB5E/PyPDF2/_encryption.py", line 60, in <module>

from Crypto.Cipher import AES, ARC4  # type: ignore[import]

File "/Users/xyz/Downloads/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.C1A40A08-CC24-4914-BDB8-B6921D00AB5E/Crypto/Cipher/__init__.py", line 27, in <module>

from Crypto.Cipher._mode_ecb import _create_ecb_cipher

File "/Users/xyz/Downloads/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.C1A40A08-CC24-4914-BDB8-B6921D00AB5E/Crypto/Cipher/_mode_ecb.py", line 35, in <module>

raw_ecb_lib = load_pycryptodome_raw_lib("Crypto.Cipher._raw_ecb", """

File "/Users/xyz/Downloads/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.C1A40A08-CC24-4914-BDB8-B6921D00AB5E/Crypto/Util/_raw_api.py", line 309, in load_pycryptodome_raw_lib

raise OSError("Cannot load native module '%s': %s" % (name, ", ".join(attempts)))

OSError: Cannot load native module 'Crypto.Cipher._raw_ecb': Not found '_raw_ecb.cpython-39-darwin.so', Cannot load '_raw_ecb.abi3.so': dlopen(/Users/xyz/Downloads/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.C1A40A08-CC24-4914-BDB8-B6921D00AB5E/Crypto/Util/../Cipher/_raw_ecb.abi3.so, 0x0006): tried: '/Users/xyz/Downloads/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.C1A40A08-CC24-4914-BDB8-B6921D00AB5E/Crypto/Util/../Cipher/_raw_ecb.abi3.so' (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have 'x86_64', need 'arm64e')), '/Users/xyz/Downloads/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.C1A40A08-CC24-4914-BDB8-B6921D00AB5E/Crypto/Cipher/_raw_ecb.abi3.so' (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have 'x86_64', need 'arm64e')), Not found '_raw_ecb.so' alf  

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, pankajsz said:

Also would like to request for auto updater to be included in workflow

It's already included.

Any chance you have moved from an Intel Mac to an ARM Mac? Or maybe syncing Alfred between machines with both architectures? What Python version are you running?

I would advise you to delete the workflow and install it again. If it doesn't work I will need the input files that you can send me via PM.

Edited by xilopaint
12 hours ago, xilopaint said:

It's already included.

Any chance you have moved from an Intel Mac to an ARM Mac? Or maybe syncing Alfred between machines with both architectures? What Python version are you running?

No, I am using ARM machine and don't sync between machines. Python 2.7.1.8 installed at /opt/homebrew/bin/python

12 hours ago, xilopaint said:

I would advise you to delete the workflow and install it again. If it doesn't work I will need the input files that you can send me via PM.

Tried, the same error message. The files are just sample pdf files. I reverted back to Alfred PDF 3.0.0 for now and it works fine. Perhaps somebody else can try new version 4.1.1 and report their observation. 

On 8/1/2022 at 9:16 AM, pankajsz said:

No, I am using ARM machine and don't sync between machines. Python 2.7.1.8 installed at /opt/homebrew/bin/python

Tried, the same error message. The files are just sample pdf files. I reverted back to Alfred PDF 3.0.0 for now and it works fine. Perhaps somebody else can try new version 4.1.1 and report their observation. 

@xilopaint or others - any further feedback on this? 

On 8/4/2022 at 10:51 AM, pankajsz said:

I can share the same but the problem persists with any files. I think it is not related to files. So was hoping to have feedback from another person. I will try on another machine and then revert later today.

Same error on another machine as posted earlier. Not related to files as far as I understand. reverted to the Old version v3.0 which works well.