Is it possible to add 'open in Terminal' to file searches

nikivi

I would really like to open certain files in 'iTerm'. I have set up a lot of file filters and love it but I really do wish I could add a modifier key to the search so I can go to the path of the file in my terminal of choice.

Thank you a lot and I hope you consider adding this.

I would really like to open certain files in 'iTerm'. I have set up a lot of file filters and love it but I really do wish I could add a modifier key to the search so I can go to the path of the file in my terminal of choice.

Thank you a lot and I hope you consider adding this.

If you'd like to use iTerm instead of Terminal as your default terminal app, take a look at this post for the correct script depending on your version of iTerm:

https://www.alfredapp.com/blog/tips-and-tricks/better-iterm-integration-in-alfred/

You'll be changing to "Custom" in Alfred's Features > Terminal preferences and using a script from above. :)

Cheers,

Vero  

If you'd like to use iTerm instead of Terminal as your default terminal app, take a look at this post for the correct script depending on your version of iTerm:

https://www.alfredapp.com/blog/tips-and-tricks/better-iterm-integration-in-alfred/

You'll be changing to "Custom" in Alfred's Features > Terminal preferences and using a script from above. :)

Cheers,

Vero  

I have that and I use it. However there simply no option that I have to open my file filter searches in the Terminal. I have these file filter searches set up : 

y84YOem.png

And in there, there is no option to open the files in my Terminal. I can open them in Finder with cmd modifier but there is no modifier for 'open in Terminal'. Perhaps I should add something.

Thank you for any help.

I have that and I use it. However there simply no option that I have to open my file filter searches in the Terminal. I have these file filter searches set up : 

And in there, there is no option to open the files in my Terminal. I can open them in Finder with cmd modifier but there is no modifier for 'open in Terminal'. Perhaps I should add something.

Thank you for any help.

Oh that's even simpler! Click on the "Open File" object to show its configuration and drag in the app you want onto the second box to open your file filter's result in an app other than its default application. :)

(Of course, use iTerm if that's what you prefer; I just don't have it installed on this Mac so used Terminal as example)

open-in-terminal.png