Can't get iTunes Mini Player to play the correct songs

2 hours ago, natebeaty said:

I imagine it's a royal pain to integrate with iTunes

It's not really iTunes that's the problem (it's relatively straightforward to manipulate iTunes programatically), it's Apple's terrible sync technology.

Since day one, iCloud has largely been a non-deterministic Trash folder. Put some data in iCloud, and you can basically start the timer on how long it takes iCloud to lose them.

• 4 years later...

Have there been any attempts to update Alfred's code on this issue since 2018?  I'm still seeing the same issue with Alfred creating multiple playlists in iTunes.  Is there no way to just turn off the playlist feature for Alfred Music Mini Player?  I don't need them.  I just want to play music.  I'm happy to play through whole albums or all the songs for a particular artist.  I don't see why a playlist would be needed to do that if I don't need a playlist to do that in iTunes/Music.  I unchecked the "Use Alfred Playlist" setting on the Advanced tab of the Music Mini Player settings but it is still creating playlists.  Screenshot attached.

I'm not sure what the iTunes "Matching" feature referred to in this thread years ago was, but I am using Apple Music, synced through iCloud across multiple devices and I've subscribed to Apple Music in addition to my local library of ripped music.  It seemed like "Matching" was being considered some kind of new and optional service back in 2018 but all the iCloud syncing and Apple Music services are obviously here to stay at this point so if they were causing any conflicts, I'm assuming that is now going to be addressed as it is the norm?

I'm running macOS 12.4 and Alfred 4.6.6 on a 2019 16" Macbook Pro.  Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 1.14.08 PM.png