lentaro

Text Formatting Snippets?

Hi all! Computer savvy but Aflred-dumb! I can make snippets work BUT is there a way to format the text in the snippet? Can I bold or italic a word?

Thanks in advance!

One exception to this rule is you can change the casing to your most recent clipboard item using snippets

Example:
{clipboard:lowercase}

will turn: HeLLO HoW aRE You?
to: hello how are you?

Note that there are some advanced scripting features you may be able to do using workflows. But I'm not familiar with their capabilities and may require a bit of savvy to setup. 

@lentaro as @BrianBarr mentioned, there's more way now using the Snippet Trigger. I just sent some workflow in another thread about that, so have a look at this thread and posts to have a way to output Rich Text using a Snippet Trigger. In short, just create a RTF or RTFD file and use it as your snippet.

On 12/02/2018 at 5:10 PM, BrianBarr said:

But I'm not familiar with their capabilities and may require a bit of savvy to setup. 

With workflows, you can do more or less anything with a snippet because you're using a snippet to call your own code. It's more a question of what's practical, given how much more time & skill implementing snippets via Snippet Triggers can take.