Create Workflow to browse through Safari Bookmarks and Folders

I have quite a few bookmarks :

Yh3mnF2.png

There is one workflow I use shared by Andrew that I use to go quickly to go to any bookmarked site I want and it is amazing.

One thing that I really wish I could make and it would be absolutely amazing to have is to be able to scroll through and see contents of each of the folders in the Alfred prompt, sort of like file navigation. I open the prompt, see all the folders I have, press enter on one of the folders, contents of the folders open and I can repeat the procedure until the website I want is found.

Can such a thing be done?

Thank you for any help.

I just have one feature request. You can press modifier key on a safari tab to open 'other actions'. I want one modifier separate to close the tab. I used that action very often in my previous workflow and I don't want to press twice to close the tab. If you can add that, it would be really great. Thank you.

p.s. the only thing not faster in this workflow is searching through safari bookmarks, Andrew's file filter approach : https://infinit.io/_/yGhATALis amazing in that it is instant.

Edited by nikivi

I just have one feature request. You can press modifier key on a safari tab to open 'other actions'. I want one modifier separate to close the tab. I used that action very often in my previous workflow and I don't want to press twice to close the tab. If you can add that, it would be really great. Thank you.

Line 425 in alsf.go.

p.s. the only thing not faster in this workflow is searching through safari bookmarks, Andrew's file filter approach : https://infinit.io/_/yGhATALis amazing in that it is instant.

Doesn't filter out invalid bookmarks like bookmarklets, though, does it?

Did you seriously upload code I just gave you to a pastebin for me to look at?

The error on line 177 is because you're not using the right build command. I have no idea what you're doing.

There's a script right there called build-workflow.sh for goodness' sake.

As for the other error, Google it.

In all honesty, I'm getting pretty tired of answering questions that should be obvious with a bit of thought or a few seconds on Google.

Edited by deanishe
  • 2 weeks later...

I've pushed the latest version of awgo. Run go get -u gogs.deanishe.net/deanishe/awgo/... and try building the workflow again.

Hey Dean,

I didn't want to bother you again but I really wish I could make this work as it would be really great.

I am not really sure what you mean by the fact that I use the wrong 'go build' command. What other command could I use? I just did 'go build aslf.go' and I still get the error of : 

'./alsf.go:177: undefined: Actionable' 

Thank you for any help.

I run the script and got the binary in the builds. I then replaced the binary I had in my actual workflow directory. This didn't seem to work. On pressing cmd + return, it does nothing.

This is what I changed in the file : 

Nu2WXeq.png

Maybe I need to add something else or I have done something wrong?

This build script is really handy though. Thank you. 

Edited by nikivi