Search returns only subfolders, but not exact match

Trying to get here:

/Volumes/Secomba/main/Boxcryptor/Dropbox/e/GLS/Clients/IFFB/

...I search for "IFFB" but do not get the direct match. Instead I only get subfolder results like...

/Volumes/Secomba/main/Boxcryptor/Dropbox/e/GLS/Clients/IFFB/Notes/2015...

I would pick one of them and go up directories until I get to the folder I want but it happens with many different searches. Also, I don't want to teach Alfred that I like these subfolders. I don't know why they are showing up.

Thanks!
Aaron

Trying to get here:

...I search for "IFFB" but do not get the direct match. Instead I only get subfolder results like...

Hi Aaron,

Does Spotlight find that IFFB folder? A quick look at Boxcryptor shows that it's an encryption/sync service, so I wonder whether there's something unusual going on with the folders that result in them not being found in the same way as a standard folder.

Cheers,

Vero

Trying to get here:

I would pick one of them and go up directories until I get to the folder I want but it happens with many different searches. Also, I don't want to teach Alfred that I like these subfolders. I don't know why they are showing up.

Thanks!

Aaron

It's likely that Alfred found your folder; it just doesn't prioritise exact matches. (AFAIK, most-recently-opened items are prioritised.)

Try opening your /Volumes/Secomba/main/Boxcryptor/Dropbox/e/GLS/Clients/IFFB folder in Finder, and then searching for iffb in Alfred.

The folder you want is more likely to be higher up the result list (if not first). Once you action that folder once or twice, Alfred will associate it with the query iffb and it should then always be the top result in future.

• 8 months later...

I have the same problem and no solution seems to work. In addition to that i added 3 folders which are encrypted, and which i see in Alfred results as encrypted - so the spotlight indexing is 100%. Only on 1 of the three folders i added to the scope Alfred searches to the exact match on file level, on the other it just stops on the folder level. I can't find a solution. I already build the spotlight index, cleared the cache, etc. etc.