Possible Sierra Bookmark Issue

Hi,

The problem that I'm currently experiencing using Alfred 3.1 (build 718) is that I can no longer have Alfred search my bookmarks using the Safari Technology Preview (or regular Safari for that matter).

I'm currently on macOS Sierra (GM build) and I can't quite remember during which Sierra beta that broke the ability to search my bookmarks.

I've tried resetting my default browser back from STP to just Safari, which didn't change anything.  In order to search them, I've had to rely on Spotlight.

Does anyone have any suggestions...?

Thanks,

Scott

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@thailoving & @scottrych This could be caused by a delay in building up the Safari cache. I would suggest deleting the Safari cache, so that it's rebuilt from fresh.

To do this, delete this folder:

~/Library/Caches/Metadata/Safari/Bookmarks

Next, restart Safari. Within a minute or so, you should see a new folder be created, and within another minute or two, the bookmarks cache should be fully rebuilt :)

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,
Vero

@thailoving Could you please install the workflow I've created and see if this allows you to find the results you're expecting?

Search for your Safari Bookmarks

The simple workflow is a file filter with the keyword "bm" that looks at the ~/Library/Caches/Metadata/Safari/Bookmarks directory and opens your selected result in your default browser.

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 15.18.03.png

Let me know how you get on with this :)

Cheers,
Vero

• 2 weeks later...