Alfred 3 Lock [Known Issue, Workaround available. Fixed macOS 10.12.3]

DONSA

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am also seeing this issue running Alfred 3.2 and macOS 10.12.1. It doesn't occur consistently but roughly once a week - I lock/unlock using alfred 5+ times a day. I am not using lock/unlock via an apple watch. I am entering my password on the lock screen.

When it occurs all the apps relaunch like logging in. In the terminal the command "whoami" returns the correct user name however I am unable to ssh to anywhere afterwards. I receive the error about the user not existing. Sorry I lost the error message in, I will post again the next time it happens. The only way to correct the problem once it occurs is to reboot.

Its almost like its starting a duplicate session of the same user rather then unlocking back into the locked user.

Let me know any other information I can provide. If it keeps happening I will try the screen saver option.

Thanks

@DONSA it anything happens, it'll be removing the lock feature... the reason I haven't done this sooner is that it only affects a finite number of users.

My recommendation is still the same as above, use either the screensaver or sleepdisplays commands, and set macOS to require password on return.

Cheers,

Andrew

@DONSA using my recommended method will still allow you to unlock with your watch.

The issue arrises in the fact that under the hood, the lock command actually suspends the macOS session which is what's possibly incompatible with something. You could even rename the 'sleepdisplays' command to 'lock' (with password required in the macOS Security & Privacy prefs) and it'll do the same job but without suspending the session.

• Andrew changed the title to Alfred 3 Lock [Known Issue, Workaround available]
  • Andrew changed the title to Alfred 3 Lock [Known Issue, Workaround available. Fixed macOS 10.12.3]