Integration with 1Password 6.5 Beta

HRD

Hi there, 

I have been in touch with AgileBits, where I am a beta tester, about Alfred support for 1Password bookmarks. My understanding from them is an update is required from your side to integrate them with Alfred, and that they have been in contact with yourselves.

Could you kindly let me know when the Alfred update will be released?

Thanks,

Regards
Howard

Hi there,

Alfred 3.2 will have support for the updated 1Password 3rd party integration. This should be available in time for the 1Password 6.5 general release.

I'm moving this out of the bug forum, as it's not a bug in Alfred, and have updated the title for clarification.

Cheers,

Andrew

• Andrew changed the title to Integration with 1Password 6.5 Beta

No worries - shouldn't be long before the Alfred 3.2 pre-release which will have the initial 1Password 6.5 integration, but it's worth noting that their integration data may change again before the 6.5 general release which would temporarily break the integration again.

Cheers,

Andrew

Just had the strangest thing happen. Alfred was working fine on Sierra. Started up this morning & restarted too, yet Alfred was being auto launched (it showed up in Activity Monitor) but didn't showing up in the menu bar & my keyboard command stopped working too, though it was all working fine last night. If I tried manually launching Alfred, it would not show up in the menu bar. So I decided to see if it was a corrupted pref. Dragged all Alfred App Support prefs, system prefs and relaunch Alfred. That got it working/launching again & showing up in the menu bar. Added back my PowerPack serial number & I was good to go.

Now I can't get 1Password to find my 1Password file, even if I paste in the direct path to my DropBox folder on my local HD.

/Users/joes10/Dropbox/Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

macOS 10..12.1

Alfred V3.2 [749]

1Password 6.5.BETA-25 (650025)

Help!

The 1Password 3rd party integration has changed with 6.5 beta, so you'll be better off getting Alfred to automatically find the 3rd party data. The location for the beta should be:

~/Library/Caches/Metadata/1Password

Make sure the 3rd party integration is switched on in the 1Password Beta too.

Cheers,

Andrew

16 minutes ago, AsburyParkJoe said:

I keep my 1P file on DropBox so I can share it with my iOS devices versions of 1P. This is what I've been doing all along.

Will an alias of that file work if I create the directory on my HD then put the alias of 1P file in it?

That doesn't matter. Alfred isn't using your 1P database directly, but rather a file 1P specifically exports for 3rd-party applications. That file is always in the same place, regardless of where you keep your actual 1P data.

49 minutes ago, deanishe said:

That doesn't matter. Alfred isn't using your 1P database directly, but rather a file 1P specifically exports for 3rd-party applications. That file is always in the same place, regardless of where you keep your actual 1P data.

Thanks ... did not realize that. But no matter. Even if I set Alfred to automatically find the 3rd party data as Andrew said above, Alfred says "Unable to find suitable 1Password data path". If I uncheck auto find & paste in the full path /Users/joes10/Library/Caches/Metadata/1Password/, Alfred still can't find. All I see is Loaded 0 bookmarks.

I've gone as far as trashing the ~/Library/Caches/Metadata/1Password folder & rechecking the 3rd party integration pref in 1P. The folder, subfolder (large number) and all it's .onepassword-item-metadata files are all recreated. Alfred STILL can't see it. If I use auto find, or put in the full path.

After all I just did, I quit Alfred, and now it won't appear in the menu bar again, though looking at Activity Monitor, it is running. I can quit it & try relaunching the app, it runs, but no menu bar icon. 

I'm stumped! What now?

Just an FYI for Andrew: I killed the running Alfred process. I used TimeMachine and reverted back to Alfred 3.1.1. When I relaunched Alfred 3.1.1 just showed up in the menu bar & found the 1P folder after I checked for Alfred to auto find the 1P cache folder — instantly. In 3.2 this does not happen at all.

So what broke in 3.2 if 3.1.1 is using the clean prefs I created with 3.2 and working fine with 1P now?

Andrew, I'm seeing the exact same after updating to the 1P beta and the latest release of Alfred. I don't use the menu bar icon but upon launching the latest Alfred, the process is running (shows in Activity Monitor), hotkey based workflows still work but pressing my hotkey (Cmd+Space) to activate Alfred doesn't bring up the UI. I actually get the an error beep/chime when I press it.

I got into Prefs by doing "Show Package Contents" on Alfred and getting to the Preferences app. I don't know what build I have previously but I believe that it worked with the previous prerelease I had. I believe it broke after I updated to the latest. It shows 3.2 [749] in the Preferences UI, but the change log within Prefs shows [748]. I can change the Alfred hotkey but that doesn't resolve the problem I disabled the 1Password integration, still no dice. The 1Password settings in Alfred prefs was initially really slow to load as well.

Is there anything else you could recommend to try?

11 hours ago, jdfwarrior said:

Andrew, I'm seeing the exact same after updating to the 1P beta and the latest release of Alfred. I don't use the menu bar icon but upon launching the latest Alfred, the process is running (shows in Activity Monitor), hotkey based workflows still work but pressing my hotkey (Cmd+Space) to activate Alfred doesn't bring up the UI. I actually get the an error beep/chime when I press it.

I got into Prefs by doing "Show Package Contents" on Alfred and getting to the Preferences app. I don't know what build I have previously but I believe that it worked with the previous prerelease I had. I believe it broke after I updated to the latest. It shows 3.2 [749] in the Preferences UI, but the change log within Prefs shows [748]. I can change the Alfred hotkey but that doesn't resolve the problem I disabled the 1Password integration, still no dice. The 1Password settings in Alfred prefs was initially really slow to load as well.

Is there anything else you could recommend to try?

This also happened to me. I found that somehow, the system turned on the keyboard commands for Spotlight for Command - Space which overrides Alfred's same keyboard command. I have a feeling this may have occurred after the most recent macOS 10.12 security update. But couldn't say for sure. I had to go back into System prefs Keyboard > Shortcuts > Spotlight and uncheck both system Spotlight commands. Alfred's keyboard command started working again. 

Hey chaps,

The 1pwd integration changed causing an issue in the pre-release which I had yet defended / sanitised against. Either turn off 1Pwd 3rd party integration, launch Alfred and update to the latest pre-release... or grab it directly here:

https://cachefly.alfredapp.com/Alfred_3.2_750.dmg

...which should work with the latest 1Password 6.5 :)

(further info: there was an exception when decoding the 1Pwd data which prevented Alfred from fully launching which is why you were experiencing this behaviour)

Cheers,

Andrew

10 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Also, @AsburyParkJoe thank for reporting this - I admit I misread / misinterpreted your original post, I would have had this fixed on Friday had I realised!

Cheers,

Andrew

Had a feeling you did. That's why I kept at it. And the new update, which I downloaded from your link, works fine now.

All is right with in myAlfred world once again. :) 

Cheers,

Joe

So in summary, Alfred 3.2 pre b749 works with 1Password 6.5 beta 24, and Alfred 3.2 pre b750 works with 1Password 6.5 beta 26.

For those who are using pre/betas, make sure you update Alfred to 3.2 b750 before 1Password beta 26 else Alfred has issues.

I'll be finalising the new 1Password integration before the 3.2 general release adding proper data sanitation etc.

Cheers,

Andrew