ESV Online Bible

On 21/11/2017 at 8:09 AM, emmanuel said:

Please submit a PR when you're available

Why don't you upload the working script yourself?

FWIW, it would be a good idea to put the full source of the workflow (including icon and info.plist) into the repo (and perhaps add an exported version under Releases).

Currently, there's no way for someone to get a working version of the workflow from GitHub. Nor is there a link to anywhere they could download one.

Personally, I usually keep the full workflow source in a src subdirectory, so I can put other stuff, like an exported version of the workflow and a demo GIF, in the repo, too.

On 11/23/2017 at 9:04 AM, deanishe said:

Why don't you upload the working script yourself?

Only to make sure that GitHub had a log of your contribution as well :) It's not a problem though, I'll upload it!

On 11/23/2017 at 9:04 AM, deanishe said:

FWIW, it would be a good idea to put the full source of the workflow (including icon and info.plist) into the repo (and perhaps add an exported version under Releases).

Currently, there's no way for someone to get a working version of the workflow from GitHub. Nor is there a link to anywhere they could download one.

Personally, I usually keep the full workflow source in a src subdirectory, so I can put other stuff, like an exported version of the workflow and a demo GIF, in the repo, too.

Great suggestions! I'll add those asap.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
1 hour ago, milopus said:

This workflow does not work again.

It sounds like last time, the issue was the API of the service the workflow uses was down - that's completely outside of Alfred.

This time, it's because Apple have removed Python 2 from macOS, which is a scripting language some workflows relied on. If you take a look at the instructions here, you'll be able to get back up and running in no time, as Vitor has kindly updated numerous workflows. Be sure to follow the instructions in the readme. :)

https://github.com/alfredapp/updated-third-party-python2-workflows#readme

4 hours ago, Vero said:

This time, it's because Apple have removed Python 2 from macOS, which is a scripting language some workflows relied on. If you take a look at the instructions here, you'll be able to get back up and running in no time, as Vitor has kindly updated numerous workflows. Be sure to follow the instructions in the readme. :)

https://github.com/alfredapp/updated-third-party-python2-workflows#readme

Thank you.  I reinstalled Homebrew and followed the instructions as per the link you provided:

export PATH="/opt/homebrew/bin:/usr/local/bin:${PATH}"
eval "$(brew shellenv)"
brew install pyenv
pyenv install 2.7.18
ln -s "${HOME}/.pyenv/versions/2.7.18/bin/python2.7" "${HOMEBREW_PREFIX}/bin/python"

However, I got this at the end, and I'm not sure what to do next.  I do not know terminal, and I just copy and paste things as needed into terminal.  Any further help would be greatly appreciated by me, a noob.

BUILD FAILED (OS X 12.3 using python-build 20180424)

Inspect or clean up the working tree at /var/folders/3c/g7l3x4cn3tq_m3r6m_ryqcxm0000gn/T/python-build.20220324210033.3460

Results logged to /var/folders/3c/g7l3x4cn3tq_m3r6m_ryqcxm0000gn/T/python-build.20220324210033.3460.log

Last 10 log lines:

checking MACHDEP... darwin

checking EXTRAPLATDIR... $(PLATMACDIRS)

checking for --without-gcc... no

checking for --with-icc... no

checking for gcc... clang

checking whether the C compiler works... no

configure: error: in `/var/folders/3c/g7l3x4cn3tq_m3r6m_ryqcxm0000gn/T/python-build.20220324210033.3460/Python-2.7.18':

configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

See `config.log' for more details

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Mac-Daddy:~ milocho$ ln -s "${HOME}/.pyenv/versions/2.7.18/bin/python2.7" "${HOMEBREW_PREFIX}/bin/python"

ln: /opt/homebrew/bin/python: File exists