Bug in {cursor} option in web input fields [Fixed 3.2 b758 pre-release]

vitor

Using Alfred 3.2 [751], macOS 10.11.6.

I haven’t tested this extensively yet, just with Snippets (not with Copy to Clipboard node), with a specific one, and only Chrome and Safari.

I have a "" snippet that expands to “{cursor}”. This works fine in native apps (and Electron apps) but not on browser web fields where one can write. It’s really just on web pages and not the browser itself, as writing on the URL bar works as expected.

The specific issue is that when writing, "", it does convert it to “” but the character to the left of the goes to the right of the and the cursor stays between these two. A gif might explain better:

Wdp0SYo.gif

This is more of a real world example. Notice how it seems like the space between the word and the quotes was deleted. It wasn’t, it was just moved to the right of the quotes.

yh4jcLZ.gif

Edited by vitor

• Andrew changed the title to Bug in {cursor} option in web input fields [Accepted]
2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Try slowing down the simulated key events in Alfred's Snippet prefs from the cog, this seems to correct the behaviour for me.

That solves it in Safari, but not in Chrome (which is my primary browser).

Edited by vitor

@vitor could you update to the 3.2 pre-release b752 and turn off the "slow down key events" option then let me know how you get on. I've tested it in Safari and Chrome and it seems to now work as expected. I've basically added a few ms delay between pasting and simulating cursor backwards as it looks like it sometimes takes Chrome a few moments before the paste actually happens.

Still not working. I get the same issue with either that option or of off. I’ve also rebooted the whole system and tried on a Chrome window with a new profile (i.e. default settings and no extensions).

It is not failing everywhere anymore, though. On the forum’s search box it works

nAqGPrh.png

However, on the reply box it does not.

zYLSGbi.png

On second though, moved it back to where it was. I see the title was changed to add [Accepted], so you must have your own process to track bugs and I don’t want to step on your toes and move this when you might prefer to handle it your way.

Edited by vitor

• Andrew changed the title to Bug in {cursor} option in web input fields [Fixed 3.2 b758 pre-release]