If you are a Remember The Milk fan

I live on Remember The Milk.  Here is a workflow for task adding, traversal, and some task management.  It leverages the command line milkmaid (http://rubygems.org/gems/milkmaid).  You must have milkmaid installed and authorized to use the workflow.

Anyways, here you go:  http://bit.ly/135QRHs

GitHub: https://github.com/MystykRiver/alfred2-rtm

Enjoy!

Edit: Change link to download from github.  Added github repository.

Edited by MystykRiver

Hi,

Please help ?;-)

How do I Install Milkmaid?

Thanks/Dany.

Here are the commands to install milkmaid.  All commands should be run in Terminal.

sudo gem install milkmaid

once that is done

milkmaid auth start

copy the link that is generated and open in a browser, that will authorize the app.  You may need to log into RTM.  Once that is done

milkmaid auth finish

Thanks for sharing this workflow. I have installed milkmaid and authorized the app. However, when I type RTM in Alfred, it only shows fetching data. How should I solve this problem? Thanks. 

It means the script is receiving either nothing at all or something unexpected from the milkmaid callout.  Try running milkmaid from the command line to make sure it is working.  Try this in Terminal:

milkmaid list

and make sure it outputs your Remember The Milk lists.

It means the script is receiving either nothing at all or something unexpected from the milkmaid callout.  Try running milkmaid from the command line to make sure it is working.  Try this in Terminal:

milkmaid list

and make sure it outputs your Remember The Milk lists.

I tried the command "milkmaid list" in the terminal. It did show my lists. But, Alfred still showed "fetching data...." 

I tried the command "milkmaid list" in the terminal. It did show my lists. But, Alfred still showed "fetching data...." 

Hmmm.  Not sure what is going on.  Here is the controller.py from the workflow that does the talking to milkmaid.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyxp1nj5z6du03d/controller.py

Can you download it and then, from the directory where you downloaded it to, run:

python controller.py

and let me know what it outputs?

It should output your lists in an xml format but maybe you are getting a python error?

Here is a sample output

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<items>
<item uid="1363791460.03" arg="" valid="no" autocomplete="add ">
    <title>Add A Task...</title>
    <subtitle></subtitle>
    <icon>rtm_icon.png</icon>
  </item>
<item uid="1363791460.03" arg="" valid="no" autocomplete="list:1">
    <title>1: Inbox</title>
    <subtitle></subtitle>
  </item>
<item uid="1363791461.03" arg="" valid="no" autocomplete="list:2">
    <title>2: Sent</title>
    <subtitle></subtitle>
  </item>
</items>

Hmmm.  Not sure what is going on.  Here is the controller.py from the workflow that does the talking to milkmaid.  

Can you download it and then, from the directory where you downloaded it to, run:

python controller.py

and let me know what it outputs?

It should output your lists in an xml format but maybe you are getting a python error?

Here is a sample output

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<items>
<item uid="1363791460.03" arg="" valid="no" autocomplete="add ">
    <subtitle></subtitle>
  </item>
<item uid="1363791460.03" arg="" valid="no" autocomplete="list:1">
    <subtitle></subtitle>
  </item>
<item uid="1363791461.03" arg="" valid="no" autocomplete="list:2">
    <title>2: Sent</title>
    <subtitle></subtitle>
  </item>
</items>

I canceled my auth in RTM and tried to follow the instruction again. The situation is getting worse. Now I can not get auth URL. The below is the error message:

F, [2013-03-21T02:39:43.035575 #7058] FATAL -- : ERROR: Code: 98, Message: Login failed / Invalid auth token (RTM::VerificationException)
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/moocow-1.1.0/lib/moocow/endpoint.rb:111:in `verify'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/moocow-1.1.0/lib/moocow/endpoint.rb:76:in `call_method'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/moocow-1.1.0/lib/moocow/moocow.rb:129:in `method_missing'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/milkmaid-0.3.0/lib/milkmaid.rb:12:in `initialize'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/milkmaid-0.3.0/bin/milkmaid:10:in `new'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/milkmaid-0.3.0/bin/milkmaid:10:in `milkmaid'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/milkmaid-0.3.0/bin/milkmaid:150:in `run'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/main-4.7.7/lib/main/program/class_methods.rb:155:in `block in run'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/main-4.7.7/lib/main/program/class_methods.rb:144:in `catch'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/main-4.7.7/lib/main/program/class_methods.rb:144:in `run'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/main-4.7.7/lib/main/factories.rb:18:in `run'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/main-4.7.7/lib/main/factories.rb:25:in `Main'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/milkmaid-0.3.0/bin/milkmaid:29:in `<top (required)>'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/bin/milkmaid:19:in `load'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/bin/milkmaid:19:in `<main>'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/bin/ruby_noexec_wrapper:14:in `eval'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/bin/ruby_noexec_wrapper:14:in `<main>'

I am not sure what is going on. Sorry to bring more problems.

I canceled my auth in RTM and tried to follow the instruction again. The situation is getting worse. Now I can not get auth URL. The below is the error message:

F, [2013-03-21T02:39:43.035575 #7058] FATAL -- : ERROR: Code: 98, Message: Login failed / Invalid auth token (RTM::VerificationException)
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/moocow-1.1.0/lib/moocow/endpoint.rb:111:in `verify'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/moocow-1.1.0/lib/moocow/endpoint.rb:76:in `call_method'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/moocow-1.1.0/lib/moocow/moocow.rb:129:in `method_missing'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/milkmaid-0.3.0/lib/milkmaid.rb:12:in `initialize'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/milkmaid-0.3.0/bin/milkmaid:10:in `new'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/milkmaid-0.3.0/bin/milkmaid:10:in `milkmaid'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/milkmaid-0.3.0/bin/milkmaid:150:in `run'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/main-4.7.7/lib/main/program/class_methods.rb:155:in `block in run'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/main-4.7.7/lib/main/program/class_methods.rb:144:in `catch'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/main-4.7.7/lib/main/program/class_methods.rb:144:in `run'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/main-4.7.7/lib/main/factories.rb:18:in `run'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/main-4.7.7/lib/main/factories.rb:25:in `Main'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/gems/milkmaid-0.3.0/bin/milkmaid:29:in `<top (required)>'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/bin/milkmaid:19:in `load'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/bin/milkmaid:19:in `<main>'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/bin/ruby_noexec_wrapper:14:in `eval'
/Users/Stephen/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392/bin/ruby_noexec_wrapper:14:in `<main>'

I am not sure what is going on. Sorry to bring more problems.

Unfortunately I did not write milkmaid and haven't had the issues you are having.  Did you get the above error when you tried to generate the auth link again with milkmaid auth start?

This is pretty cool. One suggestion would be to allow different actions on the listed results using modifier keys (eg. option to mark as complete, ctrl to postpone, etc.)

Thanks for this though, I've been wanting an RTM workflow for a while. :)

Try removing the .milkmaid config file and the doing the auth again

from Terminal:

rm ~/.milkmaid

It can generate URL again. Thanks. The below is the out of running the command "python controller.py":

[Stephen@stephenmbp.local~/test]$ python controller.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "controller.py", line 50, in <module>
    logger.debug("Query String: "+str(sys.argv).translate(None, "'"))
TypeError: expected a character buffer object

It can generate URL again. Thanks. The below is the out of running the command "python controller.py":

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "controller.py", line 50, in <module>
    logger.debug("Query String: "+str(sys.argv).translate(None, "'"))
TypeError: expected a character buffer object

Okay, I didn't test the script on older versions of python.  I believe that was the issue.  I have made some changes.  Download the workflow again from the link in the first post and install it.  It will overwrite the one installed.  Let me know if that works for you.

Okay, I didn't test the script on older versions of python.  I believe that was the issue.  I have made some changes.  Download the workflow again from the link in the first post and install it.  It will overwrite the one installed.  Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks for updating the workflow. However, It still shows "fetching data.. ."

Download the latest controller.py again and run it and see what it gives you now.

in Terminal

python controller.py

It seems it can get the output now. But why can't the workflow work? It is very odd.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<items>
<item uid="1363998554.35" arg="" valid="no" autocomplete="add ">
    <subtitle></subtitle>
  </item>
<item uid="1363998554.35" arg="" valid="no" autocomplete="list:1">
    <subtitle></subtitle>