Opening folders from File Search in Commander One instead of Finder

Hi there,

I'm using Alfred for a few weeks now and am more and more loving it :-)

However, there is always room for improvement ;-)

Does anybody here know whether there is any way to tell Alfred that a folder that I find with its File Search feature should (per default) not be opened with Finder but with another app (like Commander One in my case)?

Thanks in advance

Nils

@DerNils If Commander One is a Finder replacement and OS X treats it as the default way to open folders, they should open in it instead of Finder.

Alfred tells OS X to launch the folder, but doesn't specify how, so it's down to OS X recognising Commander One as your Finder replacement. If you've only just started using CO, you may need to restart your Mac.

Cheers,
Vero

• 5 months later...

Hi guys, I have this same issue. I am working with Commander One and would like to combine it with Alfred. I would like Alfred to use Commander One just as it currently using Finder. Did any of you maybe find a solution to this?

Thanks!

Edited by Misha

@Misha As I replied to @DerNils a few months ago, if it can be set as default Finder replacement in macOS, you'll be able to use it instead of Finder. 

For example, I'm aware of some users who choose PathFinder as an alternative to Finder, so that when Alfred instructs your OS to open a given folder, it opens in the alternative app. (This isn't an endorsement of PathFinder, and I'm not sure whether it's still fully supported on current OS versions.)

You may need to experiment to see if it's possible to set it as default - though from the OP's comments, it may not be.

Cheers,
Vero

• 2 months later...