All settings and worksflows were lost suddenly

alexzou

* What you were doing when the issue happened

I was using the Dash app workflow to search some CSS API, and suddenly alfred pop alert window says 

unable to run task,
working directory doesn't exist, 

when I try to use any workflow again it alert this window again, and I found all of my settings and workflow were lost T_T。。。

* Whether you were able to replicate it a second time by performing the same action

I have met this issue a few days ago,  after I set sync folder, it's my first time to use the sync folder, and I didn't use alfred on other devices。
I don't know if is the syncing caused the problem.  Last time I met the problem I reinstall all my workflows (really annoying),  and now I met it again

* Include any screenshots that might help us

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 6.26.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 6.29.14 PM.png

* Include the Alfred version & build number you are using
Alfred 3.2 (Build 759, Tuesday 8th November 2016)

* Include your OS X version

macOS Sierra V 10.12.1 (16B2555)

Edited by alexzou

@alexzou I can see that you are using iCloud for your sync folder and that there are two copies of the Alfredpreferences package which suggests that there has been a syncing conflict (or that the preferences haven't fully synced before you set it up on a second Mac).

In my experience, testing the iCloud folder for syncing has been slow and unreliable. I would always recommend using Dropbox to sync Alfred's preferences as this has worked faultlessly for me for years.

You could try copying each of those preference files separately to your desktop named exactly as Alfred.alfredpreferences (the one Alfred is actually looking at), and after copy, set your sync folder in Alfred to look at ~/Desktop for the preferences. This will allow you to find out which of those two preferences files have your preferences in.

Cheers,

Andrew

Thank you for reply.  

I didn't set up alfred on any second Mac. 

I try your advice but doesn't restore my preference.

Maybe I need to reinstall all the workflows again and stop using iCloud to sync my preference...

Thank you anyway

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

@alexzou I can see that you are using iCloud for your sync folder and that there are two copies of the Alfredpreferences package which suggests that there has been a syncing conflict (or that the preferences haven't fully synced before you set it up on a second Mac).

In my experience, testing the iCloud folder for syncing has been slow and unreliable. I would always recommend using Dropbox to sync Alfred's preferences as this has worked faultlessly for me for years.

You could try copying each of those preference files separately to your desktop named exactly as Alfred.alfredpreferences (the one Alfred is actually looking at), and after copy, set your sync folder in Alfred to look at ~/Desktop for the preferences. This will allow you to find out which of those two preferences files have your preferences in.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by alexzou