mbigras

Increase width of toolbar

Is it possible to increase the width of the Alfred toolbar?

The reason is when I search for bookmarks or files sometimes the names are too long so they get chopped off but it would be nice to be able to see them.

What do you mean by “toolbar”? Do you mean Alfred’s window? Everything you can change is in Alfred Preferences → Appearance.

There is. In that panel hover at area of the shadow of the widow. You’ll see “Window Width” appear at the bottom, along with current size, instructions, and border color. Click and drag up or down at that time to change the size of the window.

Weird, the themes and fonts section isn’t showing up for and neither is the hover drag option.

I’m using Alfred v3.3 with powerpack. Am I missing something here?

Edited by mbigras

You can't change the width of the default themes. You need to first duplicate it and then all of the instructions you see on this thread will apply.

Right click on the theme and then click Duplicate Theme.

Give your new theme a name and click "Save". 

You can then resize the window as well as change other theme properties as other folks have mentioned.

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 1.27.23 PM.png

Hello. I am attempting to do the same thing of making my custom appearance wider. I do not see the option to make the window wider,

only the padding. I have attached a clip. 

How do I make the window wider? I'm on 3.7.1

8Qurhi6vBP.gif

Thank you!

Edited by Fake Farm
it loaded.

Posted (edited)

I've seen earlier posts about how to do this (e.g. see below), but cannot find how to do this in 4.0.3.  Not sure if it is a version issue; I'm new to Alfred.

thanks

Edited by dp_ucsd

Welcome @dp_ucsd,

In the future, if you found a relevant topic please don’t open a new one — that splits the conversation and doesn’t help whoever visits the old one. Instead, comment on the one you found. I’ve merged the two.

As to your question, move the mouse cursor to the left or right of the window and you’ll see a large green rectangle indicating you can change the width.

@dp_ucsd adding to what @vitor said, you'll need to duplicate one of the default themes (or create a brand new theme) as the default themes are not editable. Once you have a custom theme selected, move the mouse around the Alfred window within the theme editor and you'll see a highlight for the item you'll be editing (resizing, colouring etc).

Cheers,

Andrew