Can you please add preserving of custom naming for workflows downloaded from other people?

nikivi

I love to prefix and lowercase all workflows in Alfred. So for example I prefix my workflows with a: (as can be seen below)

fB5RU6V.png 

I also like to lowercase all the workflows (my personal preference). I also wish I could prefix other people's workflows according to their category. As I have over 200 workflows and it will ease searching for them greatly.

The problem with this however is that when I update any one of these workflows, which name I changed, it will restore the workflow's name to what the original author had (not lowercase and without my prefix). Would it be possible to add a way to preserve the custom name the users give to the externally downloaded workflows. So if I decide to rename a workflow like so : 

1skTwdp.png 

And then the author has updated the workflow, I want to get all the changes, but keep the name I gave to the workflow. I think it should be possible as it is only the title. The bundle id will be unique to the author. I doubt many people do decide to change names of workflows when they download them but I really wish to use prefixes and keep my own names of workflows.

I hope you can understand what I mean and this would be possible to do. It would save me a lot of time and would allow me to customise my collection of workflows more nicely.

Edited by nikivi

You can do a manual update by unzipping the .alfredworkflow file (on the command line or with Archive Utility) then copying the contents of the expanded folder to the existing workflow folder (I think....I haven't actually tried this so I'd make a backup of the old workflow to be safe).

1 hour ago, dfay said:

You can do a manual update by unzipping the .alfredworkflow file (on the command line or with Archive Utility) then copying the contents of the expanded folder to the existing workflow folder (I think....I haven't actually tried this so I'd make a backup of the old workflow to be safe).

Yes, I guess I can do that. But that would take quite some time especially if you consider doing it for all workflows I will be updating. :( 

I just hope that this would be possible to do and something Andrew can agree to implement. 

It just gives so much freedom to the user to customise his collection without spending time in maintaining the structure of it. 

fffbzfF.png 

Edited by nikivi

So would such a thing be possible to be added? I have a very large number of workflows and I really love the idea of prefixing workflows for very fast sorting and visual distinction. I also love keeping them lowercased as personal preference. I have updated my entire list of all the workflows I use here. It is incredibly valuable for me. Here are the prefixes I use and their meaning :

sbgUtnY.png 

Right now though it is quite painful to maintain this as every time you update the workflow, the title gets reset completely. I wish there was a way to preserve the title.

Thank you a lot if you do decide to implement this feature.

Edited by nikivi