Unable to find 1Password Data

I seem to be having the same problem described in Unable to find 1Password Data [Fixed 2.8.2 b429] (

), though on Alfred 3:

Alfred 3.2.1 Build 768

OSX 10.11.6 (15G1212)

1Password 6 Version 6.5.3 (653000) - this is the latest production release of 1P

I've reviewed the discussion above (and some of the related discussions), as well as two discussions in the agilebits forum:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/54377/login-item-updates-from-all-vaults-clears-3rd-party-integration-file-for-alfred-etc-now-fixed#latest

and

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/55595/alfred-is-failing-to-find-1password-3rd-party-integration-file-6-0-beta-2

I can confirm that ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/3rd Party Integration/bookmarks-default.json exists and that it contains valid metadata as described in the second agilebits discussion. I also replaced the bookmarks-default.json with the sample file containing a single entry as provided in the same agilebits discussion. Alfred will not recognize either the original or replacement file. 

I have tried various combinations of toggling "Discover Automatically" on and off (when off, supplying the full path to the 3rd Party Integrations folder (testing that I had the path right by using the Go to Folder... function in the Finder menu)) and toggling "Enable 1Password Bookmarks" - all in conjunction with stopping and restarting Alfred.

With Enable 1Password Bookmarks on and with Discover Automatically off, with a path to the 3rd Party Integration folder defined, "Unable to find 1Password Data" is displayed by the Advanced tab. With Discover Automatically on, it finds some data with only 11 bookmarks in a cache file.

Entering "1p" in the Alfred dialog window only shows the attached display.

I didn't see any pre-release builds for Alfred 3, so the resolution described in the discussion above does not seem available.

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 7.57.57 PM.png

Hi @xmarc999 Welcome to the forum, and thanks for providing some details. Using Alfred's 1Password integration should be fairly straightforward, so we should be able to get you up and running soon :)

Please take a look at the Troubleshooting Guide here and follow the steps listed to get started:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/1password/

Once you've enabled third-party integration in 1Password, and checked the "Enable 1Password Bookmarks" checkbox in Alfred's Features > 1Password preferences, the large box  should be populated with all available bookmarks. Is yours populated with any bookmarks at all? 

Cheers,
Vero

[Moved to Discussion & Help as this won't be a bug, and just a case of setting up the integration properly. Will move back to bugs if an issue arises.]

@xmarc999 To expand on Vero's answer, 1Password overhauled their 3rd party integration at version 6.5. The bookmarks-default.json referred to in the two agile bit links you provided, and the quoted forum article refer to 1Password before 6.5.

The updated 1Password stores their multi-vault integration data in one of two locations depending on wether you are using the App Store version or not.

App Store Version:

~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Caches/Metadata/1Password/

Non App Store Version
~/Library/Caches/Metadata/1Password/

Only one of these folders should exist, Alfred will use the one which exists and contains data.

Cheers,

Andrew

Thank you. It turns out that through my random and haphazard approach to problem investigation, I had actually gone through the steps outlined in the TroubleShooting Guide. (Or not. See update below.)

I have the Non App Store version of 1P, and indeed when Discover Automatically is checked, the /Library/Caches/Metadata/1Password/ is properly located and used. In examining that folder, I see there are only 11 entries, and examining the entries with TextEdit, I can see data corresponding to the 11 entries in the bookmark listing on Alfred's Features/1Password preferences.  (I should have noted previously that my bookmarks list was not empty, but only had a very small fraction of my vault.)

So I am going to head over to AgileBits and see how the 1P Metadata can be rebuilt.

*** Update: Grrrrr. Turning off and on "Enable 3rd party app integrations" in 1P is indeed what rebuilds the cache. I thought I had done that at one point but well, to quote Dan Quayle, "A mind is a terrible thing to waste....or something..."

1) Toggled off Enable 1Password Bookmarks in Alfred.

2) Toggled off and then on "Enable 3rd party app integrations" in 1P (I could see the new metadata entries pop up in Finder.)

3) Toggled on Enable 1Password Bookmarks. Voila.

May not have needed to toggle the Enable 1Password Bookmarks, but I wanted to be sure there were no intermediary caches that might foul things up. Thank you for your help on this.

*** Update 2: And just to cap it off, the correct quote is: 

What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.

Edited by xmarc999