hawkmonitor

Workflow_ How to activate application menu item

Have created a hotkey which opens an application.  Want to add to it an Alfred command which activates a menu item in that application.

Copy of my workflow is attached

Have added to my workflow  a keyboard command which call the shortcut keystrokes for that menu item.  Workflow I created doesn't do that.

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 10.19.50 AM.png

Hard to know without all the pieces (that’s just s screenshot and I don’t have Quicken), but it might be that the Key Combo is firing too early, thus not being recognised by Quicken since it hasn’t finished launching. Try adding a delay between Quicken and the Key Combo.

Thanks Vitor.  Could you please be a little more specific.  I don't do know where to put a delay or how it is done.  Sorry, but I am not a programmer. Would that be an Alfred "Action?"

It’s in Utilities → Delay.

aVc6OjB.png

Connect it in between the last two nodes. Start with a big delay (say, 10 seconds) and if it works gradually bring it down until you find the sweet spot (shortest delay that still works reliably).