Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. I got it to work, if anyone from the Obsidian forum is wondering, the two Safari tells need to be replaced with: tell application "Google Chrome" to set currentURL to URL of active tab of window 1 tell application "Google Chrome" to set theTitle to title of active tab of window 1 I've also shared the finding with the script creator so he might update his repo. Thanks!
  2. that I get. I’ll have to dig deeper. The chromium documentation regarding Apple script is pretty shallow. Thanks again and a happy new year!
  3. Thanks! I checked that post before asking a question, but the tell seems to be pretty straight forward for the browser. Retrieve the URL and the title. The syntax in that post's example regarding Google Chrome says: tell application "Google Chrome" to return title of active tab of front window, which is, more or less, close to the syntax that AS is passing to Safari. The rest is handled by Alfred. Maybe I'm missing something (I have zero experience with AS).
  4. Hi all, I've been an Alfred user for quite some time, but never a power user. I've recently started taking Alfred more seriously as a productivity tool, and I came across a script by @senhortavares, that retrieves a title, a URL from the web, and downloads it as markdown, creating an Obsidian file. The start of the workflow starts like this with Safari, and it works flawlessly. Then, there's a curl, an html2text step, and finally everything put down in a file. tell application "Safari" to set currentURL to the url of the front document tell application "Safari" to set t
  • Create New...