Use current selected word for search web dictionary

Hi, there.

I make workflow to use current selected word for search web dictionary.

If you alrealy open the tab of web dictionary with another search word, this work frow use this tab to use the open dictionary.

So, it bother you for a lot of same web dictionary tab having open.

Also, if you don't select the word, text input is open and you would input the seach word entire process works same way.

I only write for script for cambridge dictionary and eijirou dictionary for this time.

I can't find a way in which only one place you may have to change the URL  when you would like to use another web dictionary.

So you can make a copy from hotkey to open URL and run script workflow, change first run script javascript name and in a javascipt targetUrl's value for what web Seach URL to you would like to use and also Open URL action's search URL is same Url is needed.

But it's not a lot of work to customize it.

So, I try to share it with everyone.

For security reason it will only works for Safari to open url, but from the selected word from anywhere even in parallels windows apps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3upn9kg5c119y2/Search Selected Word with Web Dictionary.alfredworkflow?dl=0

Edited by tsu-na-gu
  • tsu-na-gu changed the title to Use current selected word for search web dictionary

I collect the matter that you would like to like to seach another web dictionary you have to need the script's name and collect script internal value.

Now You would like to add another dictionary, you have to change the value next to the HotKey and collect targetUrl to search dictionary URL it's like web search function's custome search URL. To create new one , You need copy entire Hot Key to OpenORL and RunScript workflow. It's the same.

Also, I bug fixed multilanguage support working collectly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3upn9kg5c119y2/Search Selected Word with Web Dictionary.alfredworkflow?dl=0

Multi language support Demo Video

Edited by tsu-na-gu