Add exclusion filters to Application / folder search results

Patrick H

A big part of my workflow is opening Apps and project folders with Alfred. Unfortunately, my project folders (code) contain thousands of generated folders and files created by my development environment, and often they tend to contain the name of the project itself. So it's typical for my search results to clutter up with all kinds of irrelevant junk. See the attached screenshot. This one was nice enough that what I was aiming for was at the top, but that's not always the case. I would love to be able to add regular expression or glob-style filters to exclude build folders under the Default Results settings. In this example, excluding anything containing "/ShaderCache/" or "/Build-macOS/" would be super.

Thank you!

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 10.07.20 AM.png

Edited by Patrick H

I second this, as I have the same problem with my development environment. 

I also would echo this for URLs and contacts as well. I have several contact lists for various orgs that exceed several thousand entries; it's inconvenient and it's a bad system to have a CardDAV server with that many entries, but that's my reality. Nearly guarantees that I have irrelevant results on many queries. Same goes for URLs if I've pasted in URLs from the same domain (e.g., reddit.com, reddit.com/r/alfred are sorted based on most recently used, which is often not what I want). At least some option for prioritizing root domains in suggestions, or filtering out certain contact groups would be top notch. 

In addition to OP's initial comment re: filtering file results.