Themes keep disappearing

Hi,

I'm using Alfred 2.1 (10.8.5) and I've just noticed that my themes keep disappearing from the Appearance menu in Alfred. I can't be certain of cause and effect, but this seems to have only been happening since I installed the last theme yesterday (I think it was called Smoked). If I import new themes, then quit and restart Alfred, only the default themes remain. I am syncing Alfred Prefs through Dropbox.

My workflows and other prefs remain intact.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Edited by pgseye

Hi,

I'm using Alfred 2.1 (10.8.5) and I've just noticed that my themes keep disappearing from the Appearance menu in Alfred. I can't be certain of cause and effect, but this seems to have only been happening since I installed the last theme yesterday (I think it was called Smoked). If I import new themes, then quit and restart Alfred, only the default themes remain. I am syncing Alfred Prefs through Dropbox.

My workflows and other prefs remain intact.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

This is usually a permissions problem and Alfred can't write to the preference file where the themes are stored. Can you open up disk utility and repair permissions and then try it again and see how things work?

Thanks David,

I repaired permissions, but am not sure that has done anything. Interestingly, adding new themes seems to stick with my mac mini but not in my older mbp, where the new themes disappear with every restart of Alfred. I also tried deleting my prefs file from Dropbox on both computers and then copying the flle back (for whatever that's worth).

Anyway, I can just see how it goes - it's not a big deal really.