Paste formatted timestamp?

Hi folks,

New user here, and loving Alfred so far - it's replaced a few other productivity apps and scripts for me, which is fantastic!

I've migrated various snippets from TextExpander into Alfred, but there's one I can't lose (yet) because it's dynamic. I use it to paste a formatted timestamp - I type a keyword, and TextExpander pastes my initials followed by a formatted timestamp where the cursor is in the foreground app.

Example:

[JO 30/03/2015 @ 19:57]

TextExpander takes a text string and placeholders as inputs - so the above uses:

[JO %d/%m/%Y @ %H:%M]

Where % denotes the start of a placeholder (in this case, to add the day, hour, etc.).

I'd love to replace this with Alfred - any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

James

Hi both,

Thanks very much for all your input! I have, though, stumbled upon an even easier method while experimenting with raguay.customct's workflow (thanks for that!). I've created a workflow with just a keyword input and a copy to clipboard action (with paste enabled) with the following value:

[JO {date:short} @ {time}]

The {date} and {time} placeholder snippets are built into Alfred - the short version of the date snippet is perfect. The above lets me drop in a string like this:

[JO 31/03/2015 @ 16:05]

Thanks all!