zhaowu

How to Programmatically Execute Automator Workflows and Service?

Hi David,

(I am also in Huntsville!)

I have an Automator Service that I want to invoke from Alfred. It combines the pdf files that are selected in the Finder. I am a scripting novice and I tried a bash script:

automator "\Users\myusername\Library\Services\Combine Selected PDF Files.workflow"

I select the files to combine in the finder and invoke the command but nothing happens. Am I trying to do something that is impossible or doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Hi David,

(I am also in Huntsville!)

I have an Automator Service that I want to invoke from Alfred. It combines the pdf files that are selected in the Finder. I am a scripting novice and I tried a bash script:

automator "\Users\myusername\Library\Services\Combine Selected PDF Files.workflow"

I select the files to combine in the finder and invoke the command but nothing happens. Am I trying to do something that is impossible or doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Someone else in Huntsville, awesome! Considering the size of the tech community here, I've been surprised that I haven't run across more.

Anyway, could you send me the workflow that you've created so that I could take a look at it and see if I can figure out whats going on? 

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you can't easily post it somewhere for me to download it, could you send it via email? david @ alfredapp.com.

Thanks

Is there a way to pass parameters to the automator workflow from Alfred?

Depending on what you are attempting to set/pass you could use the -i or -d switch and pass values into the automator command line too. Open a terminal and type 'man automator' to see more information on the automator command line tool