n00b: how to get started with workflows?

Most workflows are actually just some sort of script that has arguments passed to it via Alfred. Most scripts are written in bash, python, php, or applescript, so if you know any of these, then you should start to work with them. Otherwise, just google around for tutorials or examples.

If you want to see how the workflows are constructed, then just click on one of them that you have installed (via the Alfred preferences window), and then double-click on any of the boxes that are shown in the right pane.

Tell me if you need more information.

How does one get started with creating workflows? Is there a tutorial or a git repo that one can fork to learn more?

Thx,

Nitin

Most workflows are actually just some sort of script that has arguments passed to it via Alfred. Most scripts are written in bash, python, php, or applescript, so if you know any of these, then you should start to work with them. Otherwise, just google around for tutorials or examples.

If you want to see how the workflows are constructed, then just click on one of them that you have installed (via the Alfred preferences window), and then double-click on any of the boxes that are shown in the right pane.

Tell me if you need more information.

Shawn, thanks for helping out.

Nitin, if you need any further assistance, sample workflows, or other instructions of how to get started with workflows, feel free to ask. I'm am the community support lead for Alfred and would be more than happy to help.