Running a command in the background?

Hi,

This worked under Alfred v1, but then there were no workflows there.  I have a work flow where I type "emacs" and that launches emacs with some arguments.  If I do this as a bash script, even if I append & (ampersand, the backgrounding command) to the end of the line, then I can't run the script again until I exit the first emacs.  I can make this work by using a Terminal.app action instead of a script, but that's annoying as the terminal briefly flashes on my screen.

This is my current command and the one that I tried with bash, but which only works in Terminal:

cd ~;/Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -l /Users/gnn/.emacs-login &; exit;

Thanks,
George

Hi,

This worked under Alfred v1, but then there were no workflows there.  I have a work flow where I type "emacs" and that launches emacs with some arguments.  If I do this as a bash script, even if I append & (ampersand, the backgrounding command) to the end of the line, then I can't run the script again until I exit the first emacs.  I can make this work by using a Terminal.app action instead of a script, but that's annoying as the terminal briefly flashes on my screen.

This is my current command and the one that I tried with bash, but which only works in Terminal:

cd ~;/Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -l /Users/gnn/.emacs-login &; exit;

Thanks,

George

try

cd ~;open /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs --args -l /Users/gnn/.emacs-login