1Password bookmark integration not working

Hello,

After troubleshooting with 1Password support and trying to figure out why Alfred is able to detect only 230 out of my 274 (total) items/bookmarks I'm stuck. I've made sure that preferences of Alfred and 1Password are properly configured to allow crosstalk between the apps.

Something I've noticed is that Alfred is using a folder of 'onepassword-item-metadata' files which only contains some of the items, 230 to be exact - this folder is being used when the 'Discovered Automatically' box is checked. After finding finding the folder with all the metadata files (274), Alfred was unable to recognize the data in this location, giving the error "Unable to find 1Password Data". It seems that the folder in which my most recent metadata is being saved to is not being used by Alfred, but when I try to get Alfred to use that folder, it doesn't recognize that data.

Any help with Alfred-1Password Bookmark integration would be much appreciated.

Jared

Edited by jdavyd

@jdavyd  It's possible that the version of 1Password's data that Alfred is currently looking at is an older one. The best way to work out if Alfred's looking at the right source of data is to open 1Password and create a new login with a very obvious title. Save it, and do you see it added to the list in Alfred?

If you can confirm whether or not that's the case above, there might be a few other things to look at. :) 

Cheers,
Vero

@jdavyd What account are you referring to? I'm suggesting that you create a new item in your existing 1Password vault. Once you've done this, go to Alfred's Features > 1Password to see whether this new item has been added to your list of bookmarks in Alfred.

This will help you establish whether Alfred is looking at the correct 1PW data, and not outdated data from a previous version of 1PW on your Mac.

If you need a 1Password license or subscription, etc, this isn't something I can help you sign up for, but the lovely folks at 1Password can help.

Cheers,
Vero

So as my previous post indicated, I tried your suggestion (creating a new item) without success. 1Password support staff are curious if the recent versions of Alfred still recognize 1Password data in .agilekeychain format - do you know if this is so?

@jdavyd Did you have previous versions of 1PW installed? If so, you might need to remove some old 1PW data from your Mac.

Open Alfred's 1PW preferences, click Advanced and take a look at the Discover Automatically URL. Is it the correct version of 1Password? If it isn't the right version of 1Password, navigate to that location, delete the file and uncheck/recheck the Discover Automatically, so that Alfred can attempt to find the correct version of the data.

Cheers,
Vero

@jdavyd It's very difficult to help given how little information you've provided.

• Which version of 1Password are you using?
  • Is it from the App Store, from 1PW's website?
  • Are you using iCloud sync, Dropbox sync, etc?
  • Which version of macOS and Alfred are you using?

The more information you can provide, the more likely we can help :)

Cheers,
Vero

As mentioned, the path that is shown for the Discover Automatically (/Users/jaredherman/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword7/Data/Library/Caches/Metadata/1Password) is different from where current metadata lives (/Users/jaredherman/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Caches/Metadata/1Password/BDEE357269FD40DAAE6679EA8197FECE) - the "2BUA8C..." folder is actually titled "1Password Mini" if that helps.

Edited by jdavyd

@jdavyd Ok so what I can gauge from this is that you installed 1Password 7 at some stage, and enabled the third-party integration feature which created the file, but then switched back to 1Password 6. Possible?

Alfred looks for the most recent version of 1Password, and the legacy file from your foray into using 1PW 7 is still there.

Before making any of the changes below, please back up your 1Password data, then:

- Disable 1Password integration in 1PW 6's Advanced preferences, in other words, doing the opposite of step 1 here: https://www.alfredapp.com/help/features/1password/

- Delete the entire "com.agilebits.onepassword7" folder from the /Library/Containers/ path you provided

- Open your 1PW 6 and re-enable the 1Password integration

- Open Alfred's preferences to the 1Password > Advanced > Discover Automatically and uncheck/recheck if needed.

Alfred will now be able to pick the 1Password file for 1PW 6, as the more-recent-version 1PW 7 third-party integration file will be gone.