Transferring preferences to another computer

I am trying to transfer my preferences to another computer. Rather than just providing a file that can be easily exported, Alfred required I used this syncing process. Went through the whole ordeal to set it up, and it overwrote 9 (!!) years of preferences with the default preferences file on my new computer. What a mess. Why make it so complicated with cloud drive syncing??

• Vero changed the title to Syncing issues

@pter29234 If you'd prefer to transfer your preferences instead of syncing (which also provides you with a backup), you can copy the preferences as follows:

• Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred/
  • Copy the Alfred.alfredpreferences package to your new Mac in the same location
  • You'll still need to activate your Powerpack license on the new Mac as this is set on a per-Mac basis

Assuming you have a backup on the Mac where your preferences were overwritten, I can also guide you on recovering those preferences from the backup if needed, but the same instructions as above apply if you're taking them from your Time Machine backup.

Could you also please email your Diagnostics file to our info@ email address? You can get this by typing "?diagnostics" into Alfred, and attaching the file to your email.

Let me know how you get on. :)

• Vero changed the title to Transferring preferences to another computer