Request: KEXP Playlist Workflow

I live in Seattle, and I love our local radio station, KEXP. They have great music, an uncompressed online stream, and a playlist API. 

Here's an idea for a workflow that I'd like to build, but I don't have the skills to build it:

The Workflow would allow the user to Query the KEXP API :

After taking the keyword or hotkey trigger, say "KEXP"

Display the last (3?) Songs in order of last played.....

song.time | song.title | song.artist

⌘1

⌘2

⌘3

2) The user selects a song 

3) For that song Alfred would display...

Song = song.title

⌘1

Artist = song.artist

⌘2

Album = song.album

⌘3

Year = song.released

⌘4

Label = song.label

⌘5

>copy all song info to clipboard*

⌘6

*with notification.

Clicking on any of the song's data would allow you to then select options to either

>search for song.variable on spotify

⌘1

>search for song.variable on youtube

⌘2

>Search for song.variable on soundcloud

⌘3

>Search for song.variable on google

⌘4

>copy song.variable to clipboard*

⌘5

*with notification.

My humble request is for someone to either build this so I can read the code to learn how it was done, or give me some pushing off points to make it myself? Are there several brains that want to come together to build this or something like it? I'm trying to learn Ruby, but I'm only really 3 weeks in, and it's my first programming language. 

Thanks for reading!

I live in Seattle, and I love our local radio station, KEXP. They have great music, an uncompressed online stream, and a playlist API. 

Here's an idea for a workflow that I'd like to build, but I don't have the skills to build it:

The Workflow would allow the user to Query the KEXP API :

After taking the keyword or hotkey trigger, say "KEXP"

Display the last (3?) Songs in order of last played.....

⌘1

⌘2

⌘3

2) The user selects a song 

3) For that song Alfred would display...

Song = song.title

⌘1

Artist = song.artist

⌘2

Album = song.album

⌘3

Year = song.released

⌘4

Label = song.label

⌘5

>copy all song info to clipboard*

⌘6

*with notification.

Clicking on any of the song's data would allow you to then select options to either

>search for song.variable on spotify

⌘1

>search for song.variable on youtube

⌘2

>Search for song.variable on soundcloud

⌘3

>Search for song.variable on google

⌘4

>copy song.variable to clipboard*

⌘5

*with notification.

My humble request is for someone to either build this so I can read the code to learn how it was done, or give me some pushing off points to make it myself? Are there several brains that want to come together to build this or something like it? I'm trying to learn Ruby, but I'm only really 3 weeks in, and it's my first programming language. 

Thanks for reading!

I'm not very fluent in Ruby so I wouldn't be the best to help with the code but.. to do this, you'd need to create a workflow and use several script filters. See my previous post here for examples on how to chain several script filters together. There are also examples.

You would need to use your API key to grab the last few songs from the server, then format those results into XML to be shown as feedback results in Alfred. For the documentation on generating feedback results, see this post. There is also a Ruby library available for generating results for Alfred. It can be found here

Each step would gather data, generate results and let the user action that item, then call the next step (if necessary).

Great, I'll see what I can do over the next several days, hopefully I wil have something to share soon! (if anyone else has any tips, please keep em coming!)

I'm actually traveling this week so the time I can dedicate to help is limited but if you still need help next week I could definitely help you dive into this more