PubMed search with journal, volume and page information

This workflow searches PubMed for articles where you already have the journal, volume and page information. Just put in an articles journal, volume and page information separated by commas e.g. "ups j med sci,117,132"

The workflow then searches PubMed with appropriate tags appended to journal, volume and page ("ups j med sci[ta] 117[vi] 132[pg]") making it a breeze to identify articles from reference lists.

Download here:

PubMed workflow

Interesting workflow.

However, do you need to make a workflow? I made my custom web search by setting the Search URL as " http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term={query} "

Typing the keyword ('pub' in my case) and putting the journal name and pages you wrote will show the Safari window. By this web search, it is also available to search with some keywords.

Edited by perspekitv

Hi!
No, you're probably right. I have a custom web search setup exactly as you describe and I use it most of the time. I wrote this workflow since I'm collecting references for my thesis and would like to get directly to the summary page. It is of course possible to spell out the tags in the custom web search, but I was too lazy to do that so I spent some time figuring this out instead. I wonder if I will save the time it took me to come up with the workflow by not having to write [ta] [vi] and [pg]... Perhaps not!

Edited by bergstromt