Workflow keyword precedence over apps

Hi all, new on the forums.

So, I have a workflow configured to 1 or 2 letter keywords for my most used apps like:

c for Chrome

ml for Mail app

tr for Terminal 

and so on...

The thing is that sometimes when I want to switch to the browser I currently using I type 'f' <enter> and that takes me to Firefox (not my default browser)

So I configured the single letter 'f' to go to chrome as:

Keyword 'f': launch app Chrome (this has another keyword 'c')

BUT it doesn't work, it always shows FF when I type f and the keyword for this workflow doesn't even appear on the list, I even restarted Fred v2 to see if was a sync problem but no.

Here I'm attaching a pic of the workflow.

kI0R2rf.png

Any clue on what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks !

Hi all, new on the forums.

So, I have a workflow configured to 1 or 2 letter keywords for my most used apps like:

c for Chrome

ml for Mail app

tr for Terminal 

and so on...

The thing is that sometimes when I want to switch to the browser I currently using I type 'f' <enter> and that takes me to Firefox (not my default browser)

So I configured the single letter 'f' to go to chrome as:

Keyword 'f': launch app Chrome (this has another keyword 'c')

BUT it doesn't work, it always shows FF when I type f and the keyword for this workflow doesn't even appear on the list, I even restarted Fred v2 to see if was a sync problem but no.

Here I'm attaching a pic of the workflow.

kI0R2rf.png

Any clue on what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks !

Try going to the Advanced tab in Preferences and clearing the Knowledge Database. It may take a few times for it to start taking precedence but should eventually catch on

Hi, did that and nothing happened.

What I did to cheat is to configure the keyword to optional accept parameters with space, then I typed 'f <space>' and was recognized. And then I configured back to no parameters.

But this is not optimal.

I think it's a bug or something? I mean, it didn't appear even in the list.

Hi, did that and nothing happened.

What I did to cheat is to configure the keyword to optional accept parameters with space, then I typed 'f <space>' and was recognized. And then I configured back to no parameters.

But this is not optimal.

I think it's a bug or something? I mean, it didn't appear even in the list.

Definitely not a bug. Its just a result of having single letter keywords. When Alfred searches, by default, its searches Apps, contacts, bookmarks, preferences and anything that matches a keyword. When searching only a single letter, its possible that the result is buried so far down that it doesn't show up.