Changing names of programs

reicc

Hi there. Sorry if this has been asked before. I used the search function but could not find anything useful.

Is it possible for me to change the names of how to search for programs? For example, I want to perform a websearch in google whenever I type 'Google'. To prevent the Chrome app from being brought up, I performed Alfred:ignore. However, there are times when I do want to bring up the chrome application. Is there a way to rename the search for the chrome app as 'Chrome' or something?

Hi there. Sorry if this has been asked before. I used the search function but could not find anything useful.

Is it possible for me to change the names of how to search for programs? For example, I want to perform a websearch in google whenever I type 'Google'. To prevent the Chrome app from being brought up, I performed Alfred:ignore. However, there are times when I do want to bring up the chrome application. Is there a way to rename the search for the chrome app as 'Chrome' or something?

You can change the keyword for the built-in searches available in Alfred. To do this, open Alfred's preferences and go to the Features tab and select Web Search. In the list of available searches, find the one that you wish to change. Double click on the keyword to change it. Press enter when you are satisfied with the new keyword. An example of this would be, changing 'google' to 'g'