Mavericks broke my workflows

Hi everyone,

I had a couple of great Alfred workflows that worked fine under 10.8, but no longer work after upgrading to Mavericks. I'm on Alfred 2.1 and have enabled accessibility access for Alfred. The malfunctioning workflows are:

- Restart to Windows: Simple Applescript that runs

do shell script "bless -mount /Volumes/BOOTCAMP/ -legacy -setBoot -nextonly; shutdown -r now" with administrator privileges

It asks for a password and reboots, but it boots back to OS X. Works fine as a bash script using sudo, but unfortunately you can't run a sudo bash script from Alfred (potential feature request!)

- Markdown help: Applescript by MacGeeky that parses browser input/selected text and wraps it in Markdown URL tags. Too large to paste here, but more information is at http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/2745-markdown-help-insert-formatted-text-links-from-browser-and-images/

Any suggestions? Other Applescript and Python workflows work fine...

Cheers,

Alan

If you do want to use sudo for an Alfred workflow, you need to edit your sudoers file to allow you (your regular user account that you use Alfred from) to use that command without a password. Then it works. I wrote a workflow that I need to get around to posting that lets you easily add to your sudoers file, although editing this file should be used with extreme caution and only when utterly necessary.

The Markdown script doesn't rely on sudo, just the reboot to Windows one (which works when it runs through Alfred's main thread). I've seen people suggesting edits to sudoers to allow certain scripts through, which is a security nightmare.